Sri Lankan schoolboy Michael Vanhoff scores 356 with six -sixes in an over

7 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 2665

Schoolboy Vanhoff slams swashbuckling 356

Also hammers six sixes in one over

By M. Shamil Amit

St. Thomas’ College Kotte skipper Michael Vanhoff slammed a swashbuckling 356 in just 205 balls which included 20 boundaries and 35 towering sixes to steer his side to an emphatic innings and 172 runs win over Lalith Athulathmudali MMV Mt Lavinia in the Under 19 inter-school match concluded at Kotte yesterday.

Vanhoff’s knock also included six sixes in one over which most probably would be a schools record.

Vanhoff’s blistering knock along with Akila Weerasinghe’s 137 with 18 boundaries and a six saw the Thomians make a massive 608 for 4 declared in just 65 overs in reply to their opponent’s score of 226.

The Thomian mammoth score was on the back of a record second wicket partnership of 345 runs between Vanhoff and Weerasinghe.

Lalith Athulathmudali MMV batting the second time with a massive deficit of 382 runs was bundled out for 210 with Vanhoff doing the damage taking 5 for 105.

Lalith Athulathmudali MMV 226 (B. Chathuranga 58, B. Nanayakkara 52: Nipuna Mahesh 2 for 18, Ian Basnayake 2 for 25) and 210 (B. Chathuranga 122, M. Sandun 45: Michael Vanhoff 5 for 105, Akila Weerasinghe 2 for 48)

St Thomas’ College Kotte 608 for 4 declared (Michael Vanhoff 356, Akila Weerasinghe 137, Gihan Benedict 45)

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sectio...

User offline. Last seen 8 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1143
I think I will adopt him,lol.

I think I will adopt him,lol.

User offline. Last seen 4 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 27
Hahaha, when i first read the

Hahaha, when i first read the title, i thought someone was having ago about Vandort.
Good on him!

RPG
User offline. Last seen 3 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1170
How old is he? Good prospect.

How old is he? Good prospect. Hope we groom him from now. Scoring 300 in any form is  a huge challenge.

michael vanhoff (not verified)
wow thats great u would have

wow thats great u would have done it if i hadnt parents lol :P

User offline. Last seen 4 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1336
@Fernando_15

Hahaha that's what I thought as well!!!

Anonymous (not verified)
POOR GUY. THIS BOY IS STAYING

POOR GUY. THIS BOY IS STAYING NEXT TO MY ROOM IN ABU DHABI DOING A PETTY JOB OF DHS. 3000/- PER MONTH. WHAT HAPPEN TO SRI LANKAN BOARD OF CRICKET?

michael vanhoff (not verified)
hi guys dont talk about the

hi guys dont talk about the srilankan cricket board if they followed on me and gave me a chance to perform my self i would have played for sri lanka that was my dream so now what to do

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
3 + 9 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.