[Discussion Thread] 1st Test, Bangladesh in Sri Lanka, 2013

82 replies [Last post]
Runs: 324
re: Was looking forward to see

Me too. Was hoping to see the off spinner...
I like to a see a young right arm leg break bowler coming through..Malinga Bandara was not bad...not too many joys in cricket than to watch a master leg spinner like Warne in action. Too bad there wasnt much TV coverage when Quadir was playing..So excluding him, after having seen a lot of Anil, Danesh, Mushy and a few more, I have no doubt Warne was the greatest of the leggies and possibly the greatest spinner ever..hmmm does that statement make me very unpopular? :)

User offline. Last seen 2 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 5830
@MTC, Malinga Bandara didn't

@MTC, Malinga Bandara didn't have a 'googly' in his armory, am sure he wud've lasted longer if he did.

RE: Shane Warne: er... I have actually picked Warne in My All time XI ahead of Murali( uh oh), purely because of his cricketing brain. Think Murali and Warne are equals talentwise, but Warne just edges Murali when it comes to thinking. There s actually an youtube video abt Warne actually "laughing" a batsman out!!!! The guy laughed him out!!! :D)
Warne actually admitted that he only ever possessed TWO deliveries; leg break and googly, but all the other deliveries; slider,fliper etc. were just mind games! :D)

PS: Jeewan Mendis has a ripper of a googly, might worth giving him a shot in tests as a bowler

(Last edited by UppercuT on March 9, 2013 - 00:14)
Runs: 419
streaming site

i actually use www.cricket-365.net but am going to try the others to see if theya re any better.

and now i see that there are two "traitors" to the cause :) honestly think that Murali had more control than Warne. i also like to think that Murali had more pure talent but its diff to say how much of that was the "deformity".

Damn! Mathews wasted a

Damn! Mathews wasted a century there for the taking :-/

Runs: 41198

Yes, and Chandimal is flirting with danger now. SL must bat the whole day today.

Mathews seems to be

Mathews seems to be struggling to up his game in 'non-pressure' situations. That's why he does well when he s challenged more in ODIs. Just like we do well in final exams, when we study 'last minute', but do worse when study two months before the exams :D)

Agents commenting

Roshan asked to comment on selections......just isnt right....If you are an angent, you shouldnt do commentary....when SLC recognizes agents and certifies them, I hope this is addressed :)

Sohag

hmmmmm is it just me or does he seem to show sings of a slight deformity when bowling a few deliveries? :)......
Or did Warnaweera give him some of the 'herbs' he is growing in the 'backyard'? hmmm...Now Warnaweera too did have a slight deformity of his own when bowling :)

(Last edited by Sanjeev Bernard Fernando on March 9, 2013 - 01:57)
@MTC, u didn't hear? Roshan

@MTC, u didn't hear? Roshan 'claims' he s NOT an agent anymore. :D) He s handed over the agency to a friend of his, but whoever in the know, knows who actualy runs the show! :D

Roshan

ohhh i see....just like Sumathipala's gambling business :) he handed it over to his family :)
Oh and the couple of businesses he had too...he gave them away.... :)

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
7 + 5 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.