[Discussion Thread] 3rd ODI, Brisbane, Sri Lanka in Australia, 2012/13

64 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 3 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 345
I think Sri Lanka will

I think Sri Lanka will struggle to get pass 200 mark at Gabba. Starc will be dangerously swinging both ways. I prefer Kushal in the team as a long term player.
Fielding will be crucial in this series where Aussies have already shown what they are capable.

sdf
User offline. Last seen 5 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 509
agree with Rukshan about

agree with Rukshan about Dananjaya ,first let him get some ODI bowling confidence in subcontinent , it's ok to play him in the Oz T20's cause he has found his rhythm in that format .

User offline. Last seen 3 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 429
My XI in batting

My XI in batting order:

Mahela
Dilshan
Thirimanne
Chandimal
Mathews
Jeevan Mendis
Kushal P
T Perera
Kulasekera
Herath
Malinga

User offline. Last seen 5 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 58
Dananjaya = Raw??

Guys he's 19! He's already too "Raw"! But he's in the squad for a reason; Mystery and good ol spin. If we were meant to preserve him and keep him in the bubble of subcontinent pitches then we should have never got him in International cricket. It's risky, but the rewards will be high if the likes of Clarke and Warner can't read him. If he gets trown around the park then GOOD! A lesson learned to the selectors to give him more 1st class cricket in the protection of Lankan pitches!

sdf
User offline. Last seen 5 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 509
@Gangster agree with you

@Gangster agree with you Fielding gonna be the biggest factor in the upcoming games , we did really well in the 2nd ODI , missed a runout in the first over & we were really lucky not to get penalized for that mistake , but other than that fielding was superb in the 2nd game, ..my prediction for that Brisbane game ,if we don't drop any catches or miss any runouts surely we gonna win the 3rd ODI .

(Last edited by sdf on January 15, 2013 - 06:04)
Anonymous (not verified)
My picks

Mahela
Dilshan
Thirimanne
Chandimal
Kusal
Mathews
Jeevan
Thisara
Kulasekara
dananjaya
Malinga

A Dananaja has never bowled

A Dananaja has never bowled in one dayers and is unlikely to extract much turn on a hard and bouncy wicket at the Gabba. All his flighted deliveries are likely get smashed all over the park and he wont get bounce coz he's too short, 5 foot nothing. Best option is for him to play at SCG, a venue favorable to spinners (4th one dayer) and only T-20 also at the same venue.

There is only a certain

There is only a certain extend you can base a squad with regard to the pitch. If we already knew Dananjaya would be vulnerable on the bouncy pitches, then why waste a place in the squad with him when spinners that excel on such tracks like Senanayake and Radhiv are left out. Dananjaya might not be able to turn the ball as much, but judging from what he's done at the SLPL, his courageous flighted deliveries were his bragging point.

SLPL was played in Lanka, not

SLPL was played in Lanka, not on hard and bouncy Gabba pitch. Dont see how his place is a waste when he might play 2 matches. Likely scenario is he will play only the T-20. The team management might go for Herath and A Mendis for SCG one dayer but I want Danajaya to play at that venue.

(Last edited by Rukshan on January 15, 2013 - 06:36)
For the "Mystery" spinner,

For the "Mystery" spinner, the luxury of playing in Asian pitches only prove incompetent. Mendis started off with a bang and failed to adjust. I say go hard with Dananjaya and introduce him international cricket. If he's a tough nut and a good spinner, then he himself will adjust, not base his wickets and performances on the pitches he play/

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
3 + 2 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.