4. Mubarak
5. Anjelo Perera
6. Yashoda Lanka
7. Maharoof
8. Seekuge
9. Dilruwan
10. Charith Jayampathi
11. Ishan Jayarathne

Unfortunately quality players like Dhanuska Gunathilake, Kasun Madushanka and Sachith Pathirana still misses out from the squad. So this might not be the worst team from Sri Lanka to play in a champions league.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 1335
@Surod i have a feeling that

@Surod i have a feeling that Dhanushka will get a chance to play ahead of lanka , he's in a very good form

Runs: 41198
JM

Jehan Mubarak should lead the team

User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1290
Lanka / Dhanuska

@SLcricket1 What I have seen previously I thought Yashoda Lanka would be a better batsman than Dhanuska but you are correct Dhanuska perform well in recent past in SL A team. So that is the most doubted batting position in the XI for the 1st match. But I hope Lanka would also given a chance in A team sooner than later because he is a talented batsman.

Sunil Jayasinghe (not verified)
@Cover Drive: mubarak ekka

@Cover Drive: mubarak ekka oya jil gahanna. eya wadak na. deparakma captain wela gihin 1 weni watenma kapune. Maharoof or Dilshan is a better pick!

User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 24
CLT 20

Chances of SE making it through the qualifying round is very bleak - whether captained by Mubarak or Dilshan. SLPL T20 sides are no match for those coming out of IPL and Big Bash and the like. Chances would have been bit a better had Malinga been there.

Recent News

It seems that Jehan Mubarak has given the captaincy to lead the SE in the CLT20.
It will be a tough competition for to advance to the the main round for SE.

We all know the star added line that MI have due to the cash rich Ambani and co. So MI mostly will advance to 2nd round. But PAK and NZ teams also have good line ups that include players who represented national team such as

Northern Districts (NZ) - Trent Boult, Anton Devcich, Daniel Flynn, Ish Sodi, Tim Sothee, Scott Stris, BJ Watling and Kane Williamson

Lahore Lions (PAK) - Mohommad Haffeez, Ahamed Shazad, Aizaz Cheema, Nasir Jamshed, Umer Akmal, Wahab Riaz

So SE will be heavily depend on an explosive start from experience Kusal Perera and Thilakarathne Dilshan and in the middle order the captain Jehan Mubarak

In bowling Maharoof, Prasanna and Diruwan will give us much more experience.

Other Players

Dilshan Munaweera and Jeewan Mendis will represent Barbados Tridents squad

Replacement

Thilakarathne Sampath the brother of Thilakarathne Dilshan will replace the Dilshan in the Southern Express squad for CLT20

Southern Express performance

This is very poor cricket from the Sri Lankan team this time also in the CLT20. We have to realize it is the Sri Lankan name that is going to deteriorate and not the province name. No one will remember the province name in the next year like most of us do not remember the team name from Sri Lanka who participated in previous years.

Some practical solution for this is to include all the national team members into a one side and play the next year super 4s tournament :D :D

It will reduce the competitiveness of the tournament but since Sri Lanka is just playing very small tournament for the sake of playing CLT20 it would not be a bad option either since it would create a greatest chance of winning the CLT tournament.

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
4 + 3 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.