[Discussion Thread] Champions League Twenty20 2014

63 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 2 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 1335
ada api paradunoth hodai ,

ada api paradunoth hodai , ethakota ara dambadiwa kandayama eliyata yana chance eka wadi .. hikz XD

User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1290
Champions league

Yes, they can't play for 2 teams 4 sure and sometimes Chamdimal, Thiri may not even get the chance to play at all in the Sri Lankan domestic team with the team I suggested :D

But @SlCricket1 Don't forget we still have a small probability of getting selected. Hopefully we should win the toss and field and chase the target in the minimal amount of time in order to get selected and also hopefully Knights beat MI by a big margin

Atleast Happy

At least happy with now Mumbai Indians out of the competition and to see players like Kieron Pollard and Lasith Malinga who captain the domestic side and choose MI now have to wait another year.

At least Malinga's southern express team is also out but it is so funny now Pollard want be able to captain and represent his domestic team Barbados Tridents team in the main competition. :D

I thought some of the SE tactics is doubtful.

1. Lakshan Rangika looks like a impressive spinner may be he should have played in the first 2 games.

2. It is hard to understand why Dickwella did not play for the entire tournament.

Malinga will believe in

Malinga will believe in Karama now :D

oops sorry i meant Karma :P

oops sorry i meant Karma :P lol

User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Runs: 64
CSN

WTH CSN...Worst sports channel ever..Didn't show yesterday's match live which featured three sri lankans,but today they are showing live some stupid match between nobodies.

User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 629
Agree with Blueprint

CSN is worst worst channel ever. They grab all the sports events and it seems like things are mixed up there. Last night CSN telecast neither Asian games nor CLT20. CSN telecast their own bullshit programme.

(Last edited by R Peterson on September 21, 2014 - 06:38)
was criticizing mune , but

was criticizing mune , but have to say this one was a good one .. ran out the partner ,but took the responsibility & scored 40+ against few international bowlers. but if mune is going to be included in the team where is he going to play ? Kiththa looks settle in 1 down . No reason to drop TM & KJP either .. only chandis place is left for him .. but i don't think it'll be a good idea to replace a middle order batsman with an opener . anyways we will not play any T20 matches in near future . so no worries for the selectors for now .

SL T20 Squad

Happy to see SLCricket today u are praising about Munaweera. This is why I said he got the talent to be a good player on the other day too. Yes, difficult to select who will open the batting among Dilshan and Munaweera. But currently I will go with Dilshan and put Munaweera at no 3. If Dilshan not in good form Munaweera to open Dilshan at no 3 or 4. This is the best SL squad for the t20 in future

Thilakarathne Dilshan
Kusal Perera
Dilshan Munaweera
Kithuruwan Vithanage
Anjelo Mathews
Chamara Kapugedara
Thisara Perera
Farveez Maharoof
Nuwan Kulasekera
Sachitra Senanayake
Lsith Malinga

Other members in the 15 member squad - Rangana Herath, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Thirimanne, Dinesh Chanidmal/Shaminda Eranga/Ashan Priyanjana

For me Chandimal is not suitable for t20 cricket better to include players who can clear the boundary line with ease such as the players that I mention. Even I don't think any of the above mention players can be name as sloggers they can adopt to the situation and play accordingly makes the above squad is a good one.

(Last edited by Surod on September 26, 2014 - 08:16)
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 629
There will be a vacany

Most probably TM Dilshan also will retire after the World cup 2015. So it will be the opportunity for Munaweera to open the inning with Kusal in T20s. On the other hand Sri Lanka don't have any T20 match until the World cup 2015 ends.
I don't think SL should use 38 year old TM Dilshan for T20s anymore. Selectors should consider youngsters more in the T20 format, because SL has to built up a strong young team for the T20 world cup 2016.
Most probably TM Dilshan will not be fit for the T20 WC 2016.

(Last edited by R Peterson on September 26, 2014 - 08:38)

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
6 + 9 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.