[Discussion Thread] Champions League Twenty20 2014

63 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 1290
Dilshan retirement

Yes, Peterson u are correct first need to ask from dilshan about his future in T20 cricket. If he do not want to play 2016 t20 wc he should not included in t20 matches. Even if he desire to play wc and included we should assess his performance becoz he is in wrong side of the age and performance could deteriorate in few days

User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 629
Jeevan Mendis

Jeevan Mendis has been brilliant as a bowler so far.
But poor captaincy by Barbados captain. He calls Mendis to bowl very late. Today also Mendis was called to bowl from the 11th over. Mendis should have been used as soon as after the power play. If so Barbados could have earn a better result.

Dickson Galappaththi (not verified)
@SL Cricket: Munaweera bola

@SL Cricket: Munaweera bola 25n 50k gahuwama bombay looking kolkatar kiyana ohe kohomada kiyanne.

"Kiththa looks settle in 1 down" kiyala??? that 20 odd runs he scored against England was also fulled with outside edges!isn't it? Ane silvo nikan rata vihilu sapayanne nathuwa paaduwe match ekak balan hitapan bang!

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
@Surod mune is a Power play

@Surod mune is a Power play player , he's struggling when there are no field restrictions .. so if mune is playing he should play as an opener .. i don't think No.3 position suits for him .. after all i don't see why do we need to drop kiththa from that no 3 spot when he looks well made for that position . & i have seen people writing off thiri , but thiri is the unsung hero of most of our past T20 wins.. he might not ending up as the highest runs scorer to make some people to noticed him , but he stop Sri Lanka from collapsing most of the time. Thiri is a must in the playing XI

& what?! Chamara Kapugedera is in your team? lol

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on September 26, 2014 - 22:35)
wickrama (not verified)
@Sl cricket

@Sl cricket : aththatama match eka balalada me kiyawanne? eeye muna score kale power play ekeda?

User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1290
Kapu is a good player

SLCricket1 Kapugedara is a great player just could not show his talents in international stage on a regular basis same as Chandi and Thiri. I don't know how are u going to say meaning 'Lol' for a player like him by ignoring his talents.

Just watch how he hit Brett Lee out of the park in Australia when he is a 19 year old in 2006 + Just take a look at this video how he finish the vital game against India in the WT20 2010. We need these kind of impact players in the side. It is disappointing why he is ignoring by selectors for a long time. I did not said Thiri should be drop they both should be in the squad and the players who are performing should be in the playing 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXTbD90X_18

And most of the public also believe he should be in the t20 team as this poll suggest close to 73% agree with my opinion

http://www.islandcricket.lk/node/30048/r...

Kithuruwan also a highly talented player but how did u make a statement he has cement his place at no 3 when he only played one T20 innings in that position. And I also don't see why can't Munaweera bat at middle order. He will be able to coupe with that too. If not we will give him the opening position because Dilshan now is not a free scoring batsman and he may be suitable for middle order specially sanga and mahela absence in t20.

Ruwinda (not verified)
well said Dickson & Surod

well said Dickson & Surod ..
sl cricket kiyanne monawada kiyala eyawath dan na wage :)

@Surod well if you want to

@Surod well if you want to see mune in the team as No3 .so be it ..cause i don't think an innings in a road will change my mind ;)

this is what i meant by "LOL"

sorry but you are talking to the wrong person about kapu .. i have been following kapugedara from a very young age ,i have been following him from the day he got injured in India

ask me any single moment of kapu's career i will say about that innings with full details , not only his batting but also the matches he had won by his superior fielding & also can add once by his gentle bowling...

kapu is a highly talented player , we did not took advantage of him when he was at top of his form in SLPL .in facts MUNE overshadowed kapu's performance in that SLPL , that's where SLC got all wrong in team selection .. after dili and mahela (the permanent team members) .. kapu was the highest runs getter of that list till that SLPL finals . but a wet ball finals innings by mune blind lots of fans , SLC & took that eye away from kapu's effort , still kapu was better than thiri and chandi at that time(I'm talking about 2012 not now). even people like dean jhones , tom moody questioned why kapu not in that 2012 WC squad ..first SL fans destroyed him ,then SLC destroyed him ..

now sadly we don't have that kapu anymore .. now he even struggling to score runs in domestic matches ... talent dose not matter if you can't use that talent to score runs... when you asking to add a player who's struggling to score runs then what can i say to you rather than saying "LOL" ?

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on September 27, 2014 - 11:29)
Dickson Galappaththi (not verified)
ithin buuruwo next t20 world

ithin next t20 world cup eka thiyenneth oya road walama thamai.

well i hope that you guys

well i hope that you guys won't get a bad image about me ..I'm not a mune hater .. I'm dearly wishing him all the very best in upcoming matches in CLT20 , . there's no point of watching cricket if I'm expecting a failure for a Sri Lankan .. even he get selected for the national side i will always wish him the success... cause mune's success will be eventually SL success .. that's all i want to see :) .. so lets hope that he will get more and more runs against hurricain today , If he can prove again that he is also cable scoring runs in the non PP overs like the last time , So yeah why not it means that he's good to be at that No3 as well .

& yes dickson i know the next WC will be played in India .. if you read my previous comments you will understand it ..actually that's the "only" reason makes me happy about mune's innings .. surely we are not out of the batsman for that world cup . So don't be worried mune's some runs today will make you happy and it will also make me happy :)

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
3 + 11 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.