[Discussion Thread] ICC Champions Trophy, 2013

452 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 7 hours ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 607
No movement at Edgebaston

There was hardly any movement off the pitch or swing, so bowlers like Kula were rendered ineffective. Certainly hope the conditions at cardiff are better.

My XI:

Dilshan
Janith P
Chandimal
Sangakkara
Jayawardene
Matthews
J Mendis
Thisera P
Kulaskera
Herath
Malinga

However if Mendis fails to fire with the bat he should be swapped for Lokuhettige/Eranga/Senanayake depending on the side we face, Thirimanne only if we really need to bolster the batting, but having batting right down to no9 should be enough.

(Last edited by Sakala Bujang on June 5, 2013 - 12:31)
User offline. Last seen 4 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 721
Sana's fastest ODI fifty

Sana's fastest ODI fifty record narrowly escaped !

User offline. Last seen 4 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 333
Opening pair

Inclusion of Kusal has brought a new shape to the line up and especially to the top order. So should we expect the pair to go harder at the ball in the earlier overs( recollecting the sana and kalu era) or what do you guys think about the role of our openers?

Hiran Peiris (not verified)
ICC Champions Trophy

Sri Lankan Bowling Unit Look Bit upset. Need A Strong Bowling Unit. I Think shaminda eranga should be included in the Playing XI. He Is the Only Fast Bowler Who Have Bowled Well in the Warm up Matches. My xi . Dilshan ,Perera,Mahela,Sanga Chandimal, Angelo ,Lahiru,,THISARA,Shaminda ,malinga and Herath.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 5830
@arun, yeh that was close.

@arun, yeh that was close. :D

yeh Pakistan looks in good shape! But hopefully pitches won't be as FLAT as in the warm up matches and Eng v NZ matches.

BTW IF/WHEN South Africa win the CT'13, I have a theory why they couldn't win earlier global tournaments since 1998! And it applies to SL as well!!!!
Will publish it if SA wins :P :P

User offline. Last seen 2 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1910
@Sachith

yeah, the Kusal-Dilshan opening pair reminds of Sanath-Kalu and when their attacking style does come off it looks really good.But I wonder whether SL can afford that luxury, Whatmore used to remind that with that style of opening the team could very easily be 2 down for nothing.The Sanath-Kalu team had Gura-Aravinda-Arjuna-Roshan-Hashan to follow while our present middle order doesnt even come close to that. I would prefer if one of Dilshan or Kusal stays at the wicket and bats long into the innings.Given the conditions and new rules, its more important to have wickets for the end overs keeping in mind SL have finished very poorly with the bat in both warm up matches.

(Last edited by Sulaimaan on June 5, 2013 - 15:10)
Raomal Perera (not verified)
My money is on Pakistan. West

My money is on Pakistan. West Indies is another bet with New Zealand also a distant possibility. Let us hope SL is the 4th semi finalist though probably England will take this spot.

Runs: 41208
Match 01 - SA v IND

Backing SA today - My Eleven

01. Hashim Amla
02. Alviro Peterson
03. Colin Ingram
04. AB de Villiers
05. Faf du Plessis
06. JP Duminy
07. David Miller
08. Robin Peterson
09. Morne Morkel
10. Dale Steyn / Ryan McLaren (If Steyn unavailable)
11. Lonwabo Tsotsobe

User offline. Last seen 5 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 7
wow.. no one is considering

wow.. no one is considering India? They look unbeatable in these flat wickets. BTW if the wickets keep behaving like this Chandimal is only going to be a burden for our team.

User offline. Last seen 1 year 42 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 309
Looking at the way India is

Looking at the way India is playing. I have a strong feeling that they are going to win CT. but England will have to keep making flat wicket.

(Last edited by Ranawaka on June 6, 2013 - 08:04)

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
1 + 0 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.