[Discussion Thread] ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

330 replies [Last post]
siripalanaya (not verified)
I think surod is being stupid

I think surod is being stupid here. Fielding is truly a big concern for SL. It is not that SL drops a catch or two once in a while like other teams. We tend to drop them more often we drop sitters even, and we give away too many runs in the field. Almost every time when NZ went on to score big we dropped catches. When that Nohit Sharma hit 265 not out how many times did we drop his catches? Did you even watch these matches? It is truly is a concern. It is true that other teams also drop a few catches sometimes but not this often. I have been watching cricket for nearly 20 years now after 1995. The only other time SL had such a poor fielding team was only back in 1999. We all know what happened in that world cup. Infact fielding was even worse by then. We have to improve this ALOT no point of denying it. Catches win matches, that's a golden rule in cricket in case you did not know.

@surod How can you be so sure

@surod How can you be so sure that we could play our QF at SCG? As far as I know grounds and opponents vary depending on our group standings. To play at SCG we have to become No 1 in pool A. Sounds very unlikely to me. Did you hit your head somewhere mate? This is for your reference.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/series/509587.html?template=fixtures

User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 1290
Bowling & Batting is poor apart from fielding .....

SLCricket1 : Agree Sri Lanka ruined some mistakes in the field and that cause us to lose the game in past few matches but what I saying fielding is not the only issue and bowling also a worrying factor for SL which you are saying that SL have doing well in the bowling. If Sri Lanka is doing well in the bowl why they can't create another opportunities to dismiss a batsman by bowling, LBW or catches. Is that only drop chance we only have in a cricket match ?????

Is that same Nuwan Kulasekara and Thisara Perera we seeing couple of years back ????? How can you describe Thisara Perera bowling full tosses at the last few overs of a match ????? Are those are good bowls according to you ????? Because I haven't seen anything you have criticize about bowling yet. Do Ajntha Mendis is a destroying factor now ???? Then how can he did not find a place in the SL team ?????. Are u saying Jeewan deserved to be in the team even as an all rounder forget about bowling ????? I need answers to this ????? So you are effectively saying that one drop catch may be the reason for all the bowlers night mare in the recent games.

@Siripalanaya If you don't know much about cricket do not come to arguments here please. I like to bet with you and SLCricket1 that SL will play their QF in Sydney on the 18th March. Apart from that I also like to challenge with both of you that Aus play in Adelaide on 20th NZ play on Wellington on 21st March. England will play on Melbourne on 19th March. So are you ready for the CHALLENGE for the betting process to begin ?????

Challenge accept or not

SLCricket1 & Yahapalanaya So are u willing to accept the challenge posted by me (According to u I have regarded as a one who have hit head on some where :P :P) So I hope u are confident and willing to take that challenge from a foolish one like me :P.

SLCricket1 & Yahapalanaya I will remind you about this on March 21st when all the QF are finished. I doubt whether I will lose this bet if you CONFIDENTLY take the challenge :P :P

(Last edited by Surod on February 6, 2015 - 05:57)
i made no argument about nz

i made no argument about nz and aus here. it is confirmed that nz plays at wellington and aus plays at adelaide. but you cant be CERTAIN about sl. THAT WAS MY POINT. we could either get scg or mcg. How if england beats aus and nz both and beat sl the too in qualifiers. They will have a higher ranking than us and they will play at scg. If you are to bet on an uncertain game like cricket, that shows your mentality. And no im not here to bet. You try to fight here but im yrying to make a point. Tournament hasn't started and we can't be sure. If my pint was that it could go either way why should I bet with you saying it WON'T? . I just made my point and that's it. And about fielding that us the 'biggest' concern for SL now. Not yhat we dont have isdues in bowling and batting. but this us the bigger issue. That's what slcricket and I both said.

Why ?

Why SLCricket1 is not here to say his arguments. I prefer to argue with him rather than these non user profiles :P :P which trying to prove the same argument which SLCricket1 said is some what hilarious to me :P :P. It is sad Yahapalanaya did not had any other opinions raised by his comment above but only tried to prove same SLCricket1 arguments by bashing around me :P :P

SLCricket1 & Yahapalanaya So you know that Aus and Nz playing in those grounds which I said. But one WHO HIT ON THE HEAD saying CERTAIN, yes you heard that right 100% CERTAIN that SL play in SYDNEY. No one is going to bet with uncertainty SLCricket1 I'm going to bet because I'm sure of it :P Now this shows your uncertainty regarding this now.

With 20 years of cricket viewer experience Yahapalanaya can't be sure about this. How much of viewer experience does SLCricket1 has ? As I can remember SLCrciket1 also told that had close to 20 years of experience in a previous argument in a past day. :P

But I will remind you about this on March 18th, 2015 :P :P

(Last edited by Surod on February 6, 2015 - 06:57)
Runs: 32
ada neda squad eka change karana dawasa

ada kiyala neda squad eka change karanna puluwan anthima dawasa kiyala kiwwe. ithing apita aranchiyak awe nanhe squad eka change kara kiyala. me gollo monawa karanawada dimuth wai jeewan wai thiyagene. apita paradinna thamai wenne. kusal wa dan nadda. me widihata goyoth apita match eka balanawata wada natiwa hitiyanam hodai wage. dimuth, jeewanala monawada squad eke karanne.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
yap agree with you

yap agree with you siripalanaya , i followed the same link . for SL to become no1 we should expect two home teams to fail . one home team failing maybe , but two teams failing when they are in top form is highly unlikely . best possible scenario for us is that becoming the no2 in the group and playing Q/F in MCG . I really hope that will happened for the sake of loyal MCG SL fans. undoubtedly the most colorful & entertaining crowd in the cricking world mixed with papare :)

there's another alarming

there's another alarming factor in becoming No3 in our group is that , we have a high chance of running into India in the Q/F. A small ground & with we are having a poor record against them in Oz they will say yes please . last time when we played them in Adelaide the match got tied . this time with the new field restriction rules they will be the more confident team .

oh wait i think i was wrong ,

oh wait i think i was wrong , this link says that we will play in Sydney http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/w...

good for SL

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on February 6, 2015 - 11:16)

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
13 + 4 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.