[Discussion Thread] ICC World T20 2014

214 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 514
Not Cricket

Wow..... SLC still can't get over the tradition!

(Last edited by LateCut on March 18, 2014 - 12:56)
User offline. Last seen 2 days 44 min ago. Offline
Runs: 3710
You get what you give!

I presume this is just the media attempting to discredit the players, on the eve of the WC, talk about being suckers for punishment - as Mahela says just plain dissappointing.

If SLC made such a statement they shouldnt be surprised as what to they expect? This is basically the way they go about their business - thug lke - and dont expect the players to be giving way all the time. I am not suggesting these two legends just walked out without saying a word but even if they did, I would still point the finger at SLC and ask them to start behaving in a reasonable manner if you want to be treated in a decent manner.

Runs: 41198
LT

Sri Lanka got the XI in the squad to win the WorldT20, probably they might end up playing the wrong XI #ThirimanneForDilshan

User offline. Last seen 3 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 429
It's not too late to drop

It's not too late to drop Chandi, the guys are already disoriented and disheartened after Sana opened his mouth to the media regarding the retirement of Sanga and Mahela.

Sana should have waited until the tournament is over to voice his disappointment. He has directly caused the teams moral to dip and will decline further.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 5830
Many happy returns of the day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOGA!

User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 629
Sad Story for Thirimanne

Agree with both Daniel & Rukshan.
Sad story is that Thirimanne, the batsman in form and the player of the Asia Cup 2014 has been pushed to No. 10 of the batting order in the warm up against West Indies. He should have been tested at the top order in this match. Surely he can adapt his current form to the T20 format as well.
But still Chandimal has been unable to play a captaincy inning. Mathews can take the captaincy if we are going to drop Chandimal. Because Mathews seems to be playing better as a captain than a usual player. Still it is not too late to do that.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 5830
yup, i don't think SL have

yup, i don't think SL can have any worse last minute preparations considering the events and contraversy of LAST few days..... so what the hell, lets go for it and drop Chandimal and make Mathews.... don't think it would have any negative effect considering how things are now.... :P

BTW Pak just got bowled out for 71!!!! vs SA 0.o

(Last edited by UppercuT on March 19, 2014 - 11:13)
Semis
LT
Banga

Pubudu Dasanayake's Nepal eliminated, they won many fans though

Now hope Bnaga beat India :D

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
8 + 10 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.