[Discussion Thread] ICC World Twenty20, 2016

36 replies [Last post]
Paniya (not verified)
Well played WIIt seems every

Well played WI

It seems every thing SL cricket saying is seems to be going wrong. He once blame selectors for not selecting Thirimanne in the team and now Thirimanne shows why he is the best batsman in the world and why SL cricket1 need him in the team

Great bowling effort by Jeffrey Vandersya and SLCricket1 coming and putting his comments saying very poor team selection LOL

User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 514
As long as you can back what

As long as you can back what you say with facts it should be ok. Otherwise what is point of a discussion forum if everyone says the same thing..... i have not followed everything on this forum but the two points raised about Thiri and Vanda are valid. For eg. If Gayle did not get the hamstring issue Vanda would not have done the same with lefthander

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
@Paniya LOL If you can't

@Paniya LOL If you can't understand the facts that i have raised in that comment go and read LateCut's one & regarding thiri i will copy and past & repeat my comment yet again for you " @Jaya apitai LOL well i can't help if you do not have a brain to understand why i kept on defending thiri for the last two years , let me repeat that for you again .. no player deserve to get dropped after scoring a match winning knock . if he had played this kind of a knock (the innings he played v Afg) fair i would had never ever defended thiri , but i will back any player if he played a 40 and take SL cricket to a victory & get dropped next day. "

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on March 21, 2016 - 10:12)
Paniya (not verified)
@SLCRICKET1 please first take

@SLCRICKET1 please first take some brain wash. Playing one innings 40 is good for you? LOL

First you must understand that Thiri has given so many chances and he fail. and once again he is failing. But u shouted here like you are the genius. Also understand test cricket is the most easiest format for player like Thiri. If he fail that he will never become a great T20 player.

This case not be true with some players like Gayle, Afridi. But for players like Thiri it is true. Selectors dropped Thiri because of consistent failures in other formats

User offline. Last seen 1 year 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 83
Lets not target players

Lets stop blaming and pointing players now. No matter what we did, West Indies had too much fire power in their ranks.
120 is just 20 sixes for them. That is how they look at it.

If you guys saw Anjelo Mathews answering media, you should feel sad for him. His body language is saying the trauma the team is going at the moment.

User offline. Last seen 2 days 10 hours ago. Offline
Runs: 3732
Another day, another game, same story.

Well folks another dissappointing show by the lads and game was bascially done in the first 6 overs due to yet another top order collapse. Yep Dilshan was awfully unlucky and Chandi too but that due to presure building up. Thiri and Milly played plain poor shots which left Anji to nurse the batting - he even patted down a full toss in the horror show. When it was our turn with the ball, we dropped catches (how long has this been going on) and just didnt bowl well enough to get a look in. I thought the star of the show was Vandy who bowled really well. Begs the question why was Sachithra selected if he cannot be played ahead of the back up spinner.

The good thing is all is not lost so long as we win both remaining games. Both SA and Eng are suseptible to spin so looking for a spinners track and hope we can play their spinners.

Selection of Sachithra

Maybe Sachi was selected because he is an off-spinner and for his experience. And most probably Vandy was included in the team ahead of Sachi because of the large number of non-left handers in the WI side. Dont' get too carried away with the Vandy performance once the other teams get to know him and his variations........could end up as an Ajantha Mendis.. Also it will be hard to pick two leggies. So we may have to drop Kula if the wicket is a turner.....

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
what a game it was, what a

what a game it was, what a fight by mathews, kapu even after the win predictor gave 0% chance for us , sad to be in the loosing end tho .& another fact that I'm hoping to see a match that umpires haven't spoiled for us someday !

User offline. Last seen 8 hours 24 min ago. Offline
Runs: 5153
Final note on world cup

I don't think anyone seriously thought about wining the world cup. Selectors made big blunders first omitting potential players like Danushka, Then Malingas' loss , misfiring openers and poor captaincy.
Even though we kicked out from the world cup I don't think this is going to affect on our chances in other formats. In May we may face England and this time we have good bowling attack. Chameera, Eranga, Prasad, Pradeep even Rajitha. As an alrounders Shanka, come good. Spinners also there to select from Vandersay, Sandaken etc. Batters also there. We are still a good looking team to beat England. Finally selectors should get rid of half and non performing old players like Dilshan, Kulasekara, Senanayaka, or even Herath to develop a new team.

Little bit of luck

If we had a bit of luck with Thisara / Shanaka could have nailed it. But very good fight..... looosing after giving good fight is encouraging.

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
1 + 2 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.