3. Sangakkara
4. Thiriamnne
5. Anjelo
6. Kapugedara
7. Chandimal
8. Prasad
9. Kaushal
10. Herath
11. Chameera (Only for the 2nd test as he is injured)
12. Lakmal
13. Pradeep / Eranga (If he is fit)
14. Milinda
15. Vandersay / Lakshan
16. Kithuruwan

Anonymous (not verified)
TEST SQUAD

Thirimanne and chandimal not suited for test cricket. that is the first thing. my squad
DIMUTH, SILVA, SANGA, MILINDA, MATHEWS, MUBARAK, DICKWELLA, PRASAD, DILRUWAN, ERANGA, HERATH,

12.CHAMEERA
13.PHT
14.DHANANJAYA DE SILVA
15.GAMAGE

User offline. Last seen 17 hours 22 min ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 3712
Focus on Sanga

The time has finally arrived to say goodbye to one of the greats of the game and it will be a sad day when the bent knee cover drive is no more. I can only assume Sanga is in for a big series after missing out on against Pakistan.

Also hopping SL pick Tharindu Kaushal despite the 3rd test disaster. Also would be interesting to note if Kusal Perera would continue to warm the bench despite good form while guys like Kithruwan do the monkey act and Mubarak scratch around for 30's.

Indian bring strong batting and bowling talents and if we are to stand any chance we need to play quailty cricket. The Indian batting is very strong and capable of batting us out of test everytime so runs on the board and scoreboard pressure is the call of the day.

Hella (not verified)
My Test team1. Dimuth2.

My Test team

1. Dimuth
2. Kaushal
3. Sanga
4. Thiri
5. Mathews
6. Chandimal
7. Milinda/ Mubarak
8. Prasad
9. Tharindu Kaushal
10. Herath
11. Eranga/Lakmal

14. Tharanga
15. Pradeep

User offline. Last seen 1 year 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 83
I don't think we can match

I don't think we can match Indian batting lineup 1 to 1 yet. Lets get real here, if one of indian top 5 bats get a big score, then they are going to score a big total. On the other hand unless Sanga/Mathews scores "really big" no matter whoever scores most probably we'd fall short. This Indian batting line up will try to score quicker than Pakistan line up.

Bowlers win Test Matches, so if we plan to win this tournament "5 bowlers" is a must.

Two spinners + 3 Fast-Mediums = Herath, Kaushal, Prasad, Mathews, Eranga/Lakmal

Hope selectors would let Kaushal to play without any pressure. He is still very much inexperienced and aggressive players like Kohli would definitely target him, but we have to let him play for at least few years while rotating another spinner for Herath's position.

Would be very interesting who would play for Sanga's place in the 3rd test. Chandimal supporters would want him to play there. Well if Chandimal wishes to play there he should give up gloves and play pure batsman.
Upul ? Thiri ? Kithruwan? Mubarak?

We have way too many left handers :D

Anonymous (not verified)
As experience players 30s &

As experience players 30s & 40s are not enough in test cricket from Tharanga & Mubarak. If they score those kinds of scores anymore without thinking twice we need to give chances to players like Kusal, Kithruwan, Milinda ahead of them. I think Kusal & Milinda should be in the playing 11. Also It is a big worry for Thirimanne's performance in test cricket. But against India we need gutsy players. To me Kusal & Milinda should be in the team ahead of Tharanga & Mubarak.

Anonymous (not verified)
We need to include players

We need to include players considering their current performance. Performance of few years ago are not relevant to now & performance of shorter format not relevant to select players for Test format. If it is the principle India's first choice should be Rohit Sharma who has 2 double centuries in ODIs. But it is not happened. Last Pakistan test series Koushal Silva, Dimuth Karunarathna & Anjelo Mathews got centuries. Therefore they are the first choices. Then Sangakkara should be there as he is our best batsmen. Also Dinesh Chandimal batted well in that series & some of the domestic players have said that Chandi should be the wicket keeper because he has rocket arms. Therefore 5 players are OK. Although Thirimanne batted well in ODI series he had poor performance in Test series. As I think we need to include Thirimanne, Kusal, Kithruwan, Tharanga, Mubarak, Milinda, Dickwella, Dhanajaya/Roshen into the practice match & performance of there must be considered to select players.

I don't know why SL selectors don't use a Legspinner & Leftarm fast bowler.

User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 20
squad

1.Kaushal
2.Dimuth
3.Sanga
4.Thiri
5.Angi
6.Chandi
7.Kithruwan
8.Prasad
9.Lakmal
10.Herath
11.Kaushal

Chameera ,Dilruwan ,Dickwella ,Eranga too should be inlcluded in the squad .
Thrimanne should be in the playing eleven for the first two test matches and in case he doesnt perform , he should be left out for the 3rd test .No worries, he is gonna make use of this opportunity no doubt .

1993 (not verified)
My XI for first

My XI for first Test,

1.Kaushal Silva
2.Dimuth Karunarathne
3.Kumar Sangakkara
4.Danajaya De Silva
5.Angelo Mathews(C)
6.Dinesh Chandimal(WK)
7.Dhammika Prasad
8.Rangana Herath
9.Tharindu Kaushal
10.Suranga Lakmal
11.Nuwan Pradeep

With the indians bowling line up i think it is best SL to go with 6-5 strategy.

Anonymous (not verified)
I think we should let chandi

I think we should let chandi bat higher up in the order and bring kusal to beef the tail...

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
1 + 0 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.