[Discussion Thread] India in Sri Lanka 2015

58 replies [Last post]
thushan (not verified)
Yes of cause. Roshen silva is

Yes of cause. Roshen silva is a pure talented batsman. Im sure he will play better than tharanga or mubarak. And also dananjaya de silva is look like something difficult to got out to me. Im sure milinda also a good choice. Because he has a natural talent with intelligence. Kapugedara should included for odis. my oneday team is (after retirin of dilshan)
Kusal, thiri, shehan/ dananjaya,chandi, kapugedara, mathews, siriwardana, kule, lakmal, tharindu/ vandersay/ akila/ sachithra, dushmantha/ binura

Anonymous (not verified)
My team for Galle Test &

My team for Galle Test & squad;

1.Dimuth Karunarathna
2.Koushal Silva
3.Kumara Sangakkara
4.Milinda Siriwardene
5.Anjelo Mathews
6.Jehan Mubarak
7.Dinesh Chandimal
8.Rangana Herath
9.PHT Koushal
10.Jefferey Vandersay
11.Dammika Prasad

12.Dushmantha Chameera
13.Nuwan Pradeep
14.Kusal Janith Perera
15.Lahiru Thirimanne

Anonymous (not verified)
My squad

My squad for test
1. Dimuth
2. Kaushal
3. Kumar
4. Anjelo perera\ Roshen Silva
5. Matthews
6. Chandimal
7. Milinda
8. Dammika
9. Tharindu
10. Vishva Fernando
11. Herath

Nuwan, Lakmal, Vandersay, Dilruwan, Chameera, Dickwella must be included in the squad.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 11440
Warm-up match
Infaaz (not verified)
Series eka mehe thibbata

Series eka mehe thibbata okkoma wenne BCCI ekata oona widiyata wage. Naththan lankawedi 1st class status wath nathi match ekaka mona meeharakada bowl karanna ganne,??,? Hetai aniddai wassoth kiyala gahanna illanna athi. Ape konda pana nathi cricket board ekath dekata namila ha kiyanna athi. Lajjai SLC

User offline. Last seen 16 hours 25 min ago. Offline
Runs: 3712
Questions for Galle

I presume Galle will call for 2 spinners and I reckon it will be Herath and Tharindu. Sanga will push Mubarak out of the team - unless we want to leave out Thiri which is not a bad move. Prasad and Pradeep will lead the attack I guess and lets not mess about getting a half fit Chameera on the field and running the risk of another breakdown.

The Indian batting will be looking at SL like a first class attack and looking to make big runs and bat once. These guys are constantly playing Eng SA and Aus and no bowling attack will worry them too much. The idea for SL is to bat well once.

What could be a unknown factor are the conditions. Against Pak the seamers had some assistance which could change the ball game totally. SL have at times played series where 300 is a winning score - its when cricket is at its best in SL, much like the Pakistant series.

Runs

Win the toss, bat and runs is the call of the day. From all accounts its normal Galle wicket and batting last will be tough. All the talk is India will go in with 5 bowlers which is an opportunity to put presure on their batting but we need runs for that.

Herath and Tharindu the spinners with Prasad and Pradeep the seamers. Sanga will come in for Thiri I presume but I would play Kusal for Mubarak but dont see the selectors doing that.

Chasing the game from the first hour.

Galle, won the toss, dry flat deck - perfect, and best we can do is lose the game before lunch! Aus did one better just last week, but that was after losing the toss on a sticky wicket. Both teams dropped catches but after not making 200, you just cannot afford to drop anything so this is almost a write off after the first day. How dissappointing and how very poor can you get?

The dismissals were poor as well. Both openers unable to negotiate average short deliveries on a flat Galle deck. Sanga was out to a freak catch but that what happens when you let in the oppsition by letting them get on top in the first hour. Thiri continues with his stonewalling as a means of making runs and when he was out, it was a matter of how much Anji makes.

So another Galle test and another botched display. As I said a while back, when you can't hold your own at Galle the writting is on the wall I am afraid.

User offline. Last seen 1 year 16 weeks ago. Offline
StaffTop Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 7127
Sanga looked like he was

Sanga looked like he was batting under a lot of pressure and why did he not bat at 3? Really amateurish display of batting by the rest.

User offline. Last seen 1 year 16 weeks ago. Offline
StaffTop Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 7127
Day 1, 1st Test - match report:

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
3 + 12 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.