[Discussion Thread] Nidahas Trophy 2018

4 replies [Last post]
Runs: 41208

Discuss the Nidahas Trophy T20I tri-series here.

Nidahas Trophy Schedule

User offline. Last seen 6 days 9 hours ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 395
Playing 11

My playing 11,
1. Danushka
2. Kusal Mendis
3. Chandimal
4. Kusal Perera
5. Shanaka
6. Tharanga
7. Jeewan
8. Thisara
9. Isuru
10.Akila
11.Lakmal

Chandimal should try to bat up in the order and capitalize the power play as he is not an effective middle over batsman in T20s. And depending on the situation, Tharanga's batting position needs to be decided.

User offline. Last seen 1 hour 51 min ago. Offline
Runs: 8633
Kusal Perera should open

Kusal Perera should open batting. Need a fast start.

User offline. Last seen 1 day 21 hours ago. Offline
Runs: 3712
Outplayed at home...again!

I thought SL had a decent series despite missing the finals and some positives in the batting front in the form of the two Kusals. Both are natural stroke makers batting with a lot of freedom and exactly what is needed at the top of the order. What I liked about both is the pure stroke play as opposed to wild shots or unorthodox shots. Both play proper cricket shots with decent technique and that's a great starting point.

I am still not convinced Tharanga as Chandi should be same side in t20 cricket but I guess we are looking for experience and a captain but don't think this is the best plan. Despite not making the finals I thought we played some decent cricket but some of the major issues remain a concern. First of all the ability to lose a game in the first 30 minutes which was the case with Bangladesh in the second game. We did well to recover but it was always a losing cause. Second is the lack of quality bowlers and anyone reliable to bowl the death overs. Finally the fielding is still below par but there are decent signs.

I presume this is yet another undesirable first where SL are not featuring in a home triangular final!

User offline. Last seen 1 day 21 hours ago. Offline
Runs: 3712
Outplayed at home...again!

I thought SL had a decent series despite missing the finals and some positives in the batting front in the form of the two Kusals. Both are natural stroke makers batting with a lot of freedom and exactly what is needed at the top of the order. What I liked about both is the pure stroke play as opposed to wild shots or unorthodox shots. Both play proper cricket shots with decent technique and that's a great starting point.

I am still not convinced Tharanga as Chandi should be same side in t20 cricket but I guess we are looking for experience and a captain but don't think this is the best plan. Despite not making the finals I thought we played some decent cricket but some of the major issues remain a concern. First of all the ability to lose a game in the first 30 minutes which was the case with Bangladesh in the second game. We did well to recover but it was always a losing cause. Second is the lack of quality bowlers and anyone reliable to bowl the death overs. Finally the fielding is still below par but there are decent signs.

I presume this is yet another undesirable first where SL are not featuring in a home triangular final!

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
10 + 7 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.