[Discussion Thread] Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2014

83 replies [Last post]
Runs: 41208

Share your thoughts on Pakistan's tour of Sri Lanka 2014.

Test squad

Angelo Mathews (capt), Lahiru Thrimanne (vice-capt), Kaushal Silva, Upul Tharanga, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Kithuruwan Vithanage, Niroshan Dickwella (wk), Rangana Herath, Dilruwan Perera, Shaminda Eranga (Subject to fitness), Suranga Lakmal (Subject to fitness), Chanaka Welegedara, Dhammika Prasad, Nuwan Pradeep

User offline. Last seen 22 hours 27 min ago. Offline
StaffTop Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 22672
Pakistan arrive in Sri Lanka

Pakistan arrive in Sri Lanka on Saturday
http://www.islandcricket.lk/news/srilank...

User offline. Last seen 1 hour 7 min ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 3732
Selections

2 main pace men are subject to fitness and two back ups in Pradeep and Wlegedera are prone to injury. Surprised not to see a 3rd spinner after the Galle and SSC venues. Wander what the move with Thiri is as Kitha looked lost and Thiri hasnt really got a chance to do anything to earn a recall.

User offline. Last seen 16 hours 24 min ago. Offline
Runs: 1216
Concerned with the bowlers

Concerned with the bowlers going into the Tests. Not only with fitness issues, but there was massive workloads for Herath, Perera and Lakmal in short space of time.

Last thing you want is someone breaking down/getting injured in a test like what happened in Galle.
I just wonder from a pace point of view if Prasad should play at least the first test...he will be fresh haven't not played either test against the Proteas. If everyone was 100% fit and in form my first two choices would be Lakmal and Eranga as they deserve it and have done tremendously well since UAE tour. But with fitness clouds, the fresh pace of Prasad would be handy in 1st Test.

I agree with Stormy that Thiramanne has done nothing to warrant a recall as batsman let alone retain vice captaincy! He should be on the A' Tour regaining form and confidence!

RAIN

Heard it's raining heavy in Colombo, what is the weather like in Galle?

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
last time we won against

last time we won against Pakistan in galle is due to lots of poor umpiring against them & this time the story would have been the same if there wasn't any DRS , so thanks again for the DRS for making it a fair game.. i always felt that if you can score 200+ in the first innings at galle you are in a safe position in there , so unfortunately it's hard to see a SL win from here . hearth is getting decent spin in this wicket , chuckmal will be a real pain for SL batsman . like i have always felt dilruwan is a average spinner , he's nothing for Pakistan and we don't have a back up spinner in the squad to replace him .what a joke.. hopefully SLC will add another spinner into the squad in place of lakmal for the second test, otherwise god bless SLC spinners future with this selection committee.

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on August 6, 2014 - 09:51)
User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 5830
@SLcricket, SL batters also

@SLcricket, SL batters also got howlers in that series,especially Dilshan and Paranawithana.. so it kinda squared off.. but yes it's good DRS is there.

However SL missed out on an opportunity to dismiss Younis as they didn;t go upstairs for DRS today...

User offline. Last seen 1 hour 7 min ago. Offline
Runs: 3732
Lots of work to do ..... again.

Lost the toss in Galle (again) and the only way out is to restrict the opposition from making a decent score but after a great first session, Pak are ahead of the game on course for 400. I dont beleive they can lose the game if they get close to 400 as I gather the wicket is turning already. I would imgaine batting would get harder on this wicket and instead of Steyn, it will Ajmal to deal with and lets face it the man is a class act.

Credit to Pakistant and Younnis who has been a pain for us from the day he made his debut 100 against us all those years ago. He is a class act and showed it again and still not done and largely stands between Pak taking total control of the game. I reckon the fate of the game in terms of who is playing to win will be determined by lunch t'row and unless SL can do some serious damage, it'll be a case of batting for a draw - much like SA did at the SSC.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
@UppercuT you are talking

@UppercuT you are talking about 12 wrong decision against Pakistan vs 2 against Sri Lanka , what kind of squared off is that? clearly we won that match due to poor umpiring

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on August 6, 2014 - 13:55)
User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 5830
that's the two i can think

that's the two i can think just top of my mind... there were more.. can't remember all of them.. Think even Mahela got too.. but clearly remember we were discussing that on IC at that time as well and came to a conclusion that it was squared off... there were howlers in NOT OUTs as well if i remember correct.

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
1 + 7 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.