[Discussion Thread] Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2014

83 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 1335
@UppercuT hahah mahela got

@UppercuT hahah mahela got clean bowled in the first innings and gave a simple catch to the keeper in the second innings , SL don't deserve to win that test match it was one of the worst umpiring matches i have witnessed .

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on August 6, 2014 - 17:23)
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 12 min ago. Offline
Runs: 3723
Lower order runs are hurting us again

Vernon Philander batted for a long time in the previous series which was a critcal factor after knocking over the batters and once again it was a case de-ja-vo! #7, 8 and 9 hung around for too long and gave Pakistant the advantage. Only one team can lose from here I reckon and that is SL so long fight ahead just to save the game on a wicket that I presume will become harder and harder to bat on against Ajmal and co. Avoiding the follow on is the first target and then batting out time in the game.

Didnt see the game but what little I read Tharanga is still fishing! Looking for a big send off from Maheal.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1290
Who is the 15th member drafted in to the squad

Who replaced Suranga Lakmal in the test squad ? Isn't it Chaturanga Kumara ?.

What is it with this rain!

It never arrived in Galle against SA when we needed it, it came when we didnt want it against SA at the SCC and just when SL were begining to get something happenings in Galle against Pakistan the rain is here! The only good thing is its time out of the game which SL will be thankful for if they lost wickets but they didnt! What is it with this rain.

What about the two legends? Just one last show for us and nothing needs to be said more othet thsn these two are legends.

Runs: 41208

SL should get to 600 by lunch tomorrow, bowl at Pakistan with a lead of 150 on a day 5 Galle pitch, never know with the unpredictable Pakistan lineup..

Roger Federer (not verified)
Melvo, dan gahapan kithruwan

Melvo, dan gahapan kithruwan ekka jil ! kithruwan is not a test player guys..

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
what a win ..never expect we

what a win ..never expect we could have played all four sessions after such heavy rain is around , top effort mathews & co , and top effort by the ground staff as well .

Hello anybody out there!

What is going on, never in my wildest dreams did I see a result let alone a SL win in this game. Yes Sanga's double took the game to a position where SL couldnt lose but what a show by the boys today and Herath is back. Credit all round and Angi again in the end to take the team home before the rain. My previous comment was about the rain and I guess it stayed away just enough today.

All set for Mahela to give us one last show at the SSC with a big score and secure the series.

User offline. Last seen 11 hours 48 min ago. Offline
StaffTop Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 22672
Yeah, I thought it would be a

Yeah, I thought it would be a draw! A nice turnout at Galle too!

Runs: 41208
No 1

Kumar Sangakkara reclaims No 1 Test batsman position, Mathews 5th

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
1 + 6 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.