[Discussion Thread] South Africa in Sri Lanka 2014

101 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 5 min ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 3723
Tahir's googly

SL need to workout Tahir's googly ahead of the test series. He has a good googly which continues to cause issues but being able to pick the googly will be vital i feel.

Dasun (not verified)
our fielding at worst level.

our fielding at worst level. cant stop singles, drop catches, no direct hits. seems channaka is correct.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
LOL i wonder how many people

LOL i wonder how many people are still blaming Chanaka for this article after seeing the horrible fielding display by SL ? http://www.islandcricket.lk/news/srilank...

I still don't understand the logic behind risking herath for ODI's ? especially when we have much more important test series coming up next

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on July 12, 2014 - 02:58)
User offline. Last seen 2 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 5830
it's true SL fielding is

it's true SL fielding is being shoddy for some time now.. no argument there..... BUT what did Channaka want to achieve by publishing a confidential document a day before the 3rd ODI?? Did he want to help and expected SL players to correct the fielding errors overnight,just before the 3rd ODI????

That's not sports journalism... that's just shoveling sh*t(he probably got his hands on,on the document thru Nishantha) :)

well he has pointed out one

well he has pointed out one of the greatest weaknesses SL cricket having atm before the WC 2015 , that's what matters

User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Runs: 1297
Not surprised

A lot of our recent wins have been tight finishes. When matches end in close finishes it can go either way. A lot of wins were not convincing. We are not invincible or a team that is crushing opponents. I never really thought we were favourites win against SA.

User offline. Last seen 4 hours 5 min ago. Offline
Runs: 3723
Dissapointing loss

Credit where its due - SA were simply too good on all fronts in the decider. Worringly, the SA spinners looked more effective than the SL spinners and even more worringly, SL are still unable to pick Tahir's googly. This could be a decisive factor for the test series.

The bowling and fielding let us down today and SA ran away with the game having won the game with the bat. SL made a good fist of the start but then threw it away with Sanga and Mahela both getting out to lose shots while Dilshan and Kusal gifter wrapped their wickets. As I said credit where it's and if its AB's day, few sides will beat SA.

Runs: 41208
SL Test squad

Angelo Mathews (capt), Lahiru Thirimanne (vice-capt), Upul Tharanga, Kaushal Silva, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Dinesh Chandimal (wk), Kithuruwan Vithanage, Rangana Herath, Dilruwan Perera, Ajantha Mendis, Suranga Lakmal, Shaminda Eranga, Dhammika Prasad, Chanaka Welagedara

Runs: 41208
@ UC

Not a fan of Dimuth but he and Kaushal made sure they saw the new ball off before Sangakkara came to the crease. do you think it's a right move to drop him after all hard work?

Can Upul Tharanga survive Steyn?

Dimuth did ok to secure his

Dimuth did ok to secure his place in the test side for the first test .. i feel that thiri will be a better opening test batsman in subcontinent pitches than tharanga . but tharanga did well against England A and i have seen in the past tharanga handling Steyn well in the limited format of the game , so not a bad selection at all

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
8 + 5 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.