[Discussion Thread] South Africa in Sri Lanka 2014

101 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 1335
oops sorry i missed in there

oops sorry i missed in there , so they have dropped dimuth ..hmmm , dimuth should have been in the side at-least for that first test .

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on July 12, 2014 - 16:11)
User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1290
My Team for the 1st Test from current available squad

1. Upul Tharanga
2. Kaushal Silva
3. Kumar Sangakkara
4. Mahela Jayawardena
5. Anjelo Mattews
6. Lahiru Thirimanne
7. Dinesh Chandimal
8. Dilruwan Perera
9. Rangana Herath
10. Shaminda Eranga
11. Suranga Lakmal

User offline. Last seen 2 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 11440
SLC doing something
lets hope that this is not a

lets hope that this is not a flat pitch , really hate what chris broad did to galle, after that fine galle is turning out to be a road .

User offline. Last seen 1 day 3 hours ago. Offline
Runs: 3732
Slowed the runaway train!

SL did really well in the last session to pull back SA from running away from the game on the first day. A good session tomorrow morning and SL will be right in with a chance to get ahead. There is still plenty of SA batting to come and both JP and De Kock can get quick runs. The first session tomorrow morning will determine if SA can get to the all important 400 and both teams have to do lots of work to get the advantage.

I thought SA tried to be overly aggressive and ended up playing lose shots and lost wickets. SL must hit home the advantage and with only 3 bowlers, SL cannot afford to allow SA too many runs.

Anonymous (not verified)
I think SA thought it was

I think SA thought it was easy to score runs and tried to score with their eyes closed towards the end. However, the bowling was good too, especially Suranga Lakmal's. Lakmal kept running in the whole day, had to do extra work as Eranga couldn't bowl due to injury (8 stitches!) and his hard work paid off. It't not the ball that got Dean Elgar (set batsman on 103), but how he strangled the batsman with the previous amazing dot balls. The ball which got AB de Villiers was an absolute beauty! Too bad Eranga wasn't there to bowl in tandem with Lakmal using the new ball :(

Hard day's work paid off in the end.

Now to keep heads down and not let them get anything above 350 as there's still a lot more batting to come from SA. Have to do really well in the first session on Day 2.

only once a team had won a

only once a team had won a match batting 2nd after conceding 230+ runs in the first innings in galle & that also in year 2001 a long long time ago .. with one bowler injured it pretty much shows that SL have no chance to win this test match .

Anwer (not verified)
oyanan silvama thamai

oyanan silvama thamai

User offline. Last seen 1 day 3 hours ago. Offline
Runs: 3732
Let the advantage slip

I am afraid SL let SA get away and chasing the game now. I expected SL to come back strong today but credit to SA, they batted really well and ended up declairing - wasnt even remoted in my possibilities last evening. I can only hope the wicket is easing out and looking to SL to bat well tomorrow. SL certainly don't want to get in to a 5th day scenarios of trying to save the game - its a case of bat well once and take it from there. Nothing like a good start which they have, so more of the same tomorrow.

User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 629
Need Eranga too

Unfortunately Sri Lanka missed Eranga a lot for these two days. Otherwise it would have been a different story for South Africa. However the effort by other bowlers must be appreciated. They tried extremely hard to restrict the South African inning without Eranga.

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
2 + 1 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.