[Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka in Bangladesh, 2014

170 replies [Last post]
Anonymous (not verified)
uppercut not only selectors

uppercut not only selectors but i have also seen several exco members reading ic and frothing at the mouth :)

User offline. Last seen 3 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 1504
lol selectors read IC or not

lol selectors read IC or not , It's a very wise move by them to give a chance to the benched players .. seekku would have been a good pick ahead of sena for this match since bangala only have one lefty .. but still i'm happy with the team selection :)

User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 5830
very very impressed with

very very impressed with Suranga Lakmal.... Can't wait to see him bowl in English conditions in April along with Shaminda Eranga

am gonna say something

am gonna say something controversial:
the fact that Maiya and Sanga hogging the NO.3 and NO.3 batting positions is hurting players like Thirimanne and Chandimal...... that is not to say MJ and Sanga haven't won us matches recently, but that s the reality....

(Last edited by UppercuT on February 22, 2014 - 09:27)
Runs: 41208

Janith's inns: Watchful start like Mahela, constructed like Sangakkara and now in Dilshan mode. Missing the big 3 anyone?

CGI
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1390
Happy Happy

Chandimal tightened up his belt yet again, I'm sure Kithuruwan is regretting now. Well controlled inning from KJP, a great knock. Yep, Lakmal went well and also Prasad did well. Well done boys.

User offline. Last seen 16 hours 57 min ago. Offline
Runs: 3732
That's was a convincing win

That's was a convincing win as any and full credit to the lads showed no signs of missing the big 3. Really happy to see KJP make a hundred and of course Chandi finally makes an impact. Perfect lead up to the Asia cup.

@Uppercut: agree with your thoughts on Sanga and Mahela occupying the vital #3 & 4 spots. Yes they do win games but I feel they must both move down a spot and Mahela drop down to the middle order to ensure he is around in the 40th over onwards where there are only 4 fielders in the outer due to the new fielding restrictions. So I would bat Sanga at 4 and Mahela at 6 or Sanga at 3 and Mahela at 6. The problem this should have been already done and its too close to the WC to start experimenting.

User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 629
Yes, true.

I totally agree with fact that has been made by Uppercut and Stormy. No doubt about Sanga and Mahela's contribution with the bat for the team as they have lead SL for number of wins. But batting Sanga and Mahela at No. 3 and 4 position is not vital during this time period. Because now Sri Lanka team is at a transition period from one generation to another. In that case everyone has to focus on building up the next generation as well while winning matches.
Therefore I also like to see this batting order in ODIs;
3) Thirimanne / some other youngster
4) Sangakkara
5) Chandimal / some other youngster
6) Mahela

User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 629
Excellent effort

It was an excellent effort by youngsters in the 3rd ODI.
As bowlers Lakmal was superb. I think he has improved a lot. And Dhammika also very good with the bowl coming back into the team after a long time.
Kusal proved that how much is he valuable for the team. Not only big hitting but also sensible batting from Kusal. And also nice to see aggressive Chandimal is back and scoring runs with a good confidence. Good luck Sri Lanka for the Asia Cup.

Well done guys.. Well played

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
1 + 14 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.