Runs: 11440
Mahela Jayawardene reached
Runs: 41208
DP

Dilruwan Perera is the near perfect replacement for Dilshan in tests

User offline. Last seen 4 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 31
DP

I don't think so, still too early to judge the caliber of Dilruwan. Performance on two flat tracks cannot be compared with what Dilshan has proved through the years.

(Last edited by Garfield on January 30, 2014 - 03:56)
Anonymous (not verified)
Taking 5 wickets in an inning

Taking 5 wickets in an inning on a flat track is one of the hardest things to do :D.But this is not a flat track by any mean!

User offline. Last seen 12 hours 22 min ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 3723
Crunching win

That was as convining as it gets but I must say I kind of feel sorry for Bangladesh in these times of relegations and two tiers etc that they would get beaten so badly.

Happy to see a spinner other than Herath do the job and dont know much about Dilruwan but flat track or not, the guy scored an under presure 95 against a quality attack in his first test and now got a 5fer on a track no one else got a 5fer. This sounnds like an exciting prospect for the future and wonder how Sachithra is feeling. He was surely next in line and got his chance but didnt grab it in the UAE while Dilruwa (I was surprised he was picked for the UAE tour) grabbed his chance with both hands and will be hard to drop unless he goes off the boil.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 5830
I might be harsh, but if it

I might be harsh, but if it was anything less than this(an inning's victory) from SL i would've been disappointed. this should be really nothing but days' work for SL.

RE:Dilruwan:
It looks like at present, it's the conventional,orthodox spinners who are doing quite well in Tests; Herath,Lyon,Rehman as opposed to spinners like Narine,Ashwin,Sachithra,Mendis, even Ajmal to an extent struggling..... Another example is Suraj Randiv... the moment he tried to add the doosra to his amoury,his bowling started to suffer....

so as long as Dilruwan stays away from carrom balls,doosras he will do himself a favour. Pity about Sachitra,Randiv and Mendis. Those guys really need to concentrate on getting more revolutions on their stock ball; offbreak

CGI
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1390
Totally agree with UppercuT

Totally agree with UppercuT on your first opinion.

We can measure the real character of all in England. The real test would be there.

User offline. Last seen 4 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 31
Chittagong updates

"Two injuries to major Sri Lanka players may make Bangladesh's task easier in the second Test, however. Rangana Herath's problematic knee has flared up, and he is a serious doubt for the match, as is Shaminda Eranga, who has a thigh strain after a month of heavy work." ~ cricinfo

User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 629
Unfortunately

Sad to here both Eranga and Rangana have come up with injuries. In this discussion I warned before starting this series, especially Eranga and Lakmal may come up with injuries if they were not given a proper rest after the tough series in UAE. Very unfortunate now it has happened.

(Last edited by R Peterson on February 3, 2014 - 05:50)

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
7 + 8 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.