[Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2014

335 replies [Last post]
CGI
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 1390
I hope KJP will come in to

I hope KJP will come in to the form very soon, the fortune is now we have highly flexible team, keepers, bowlers, all rounders.
If there is a vacancy in the opening slot we have Mahela & Thiri both as a option :)

CGI
Russel Arnold
User offline. Last seen 1 year 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 629
What happened to KJP?

Yes, KJP seems to be out of form, but hope he will be back to form soon.
If KJP continued his out of form, I think Chandimal should open inning with Dilshan. Chandimal seems to be in amazing form after being released from captaincy and he is more capable batsman at the top order.
I think Sri Lanka need experiences of Mahela to strengthen the middle order.

(Last edited by R Peterson on May 17, 2014 - 04:37)
AnonAnon (not verified)
Kusal and Mendis...

Did Kusal even get to face 25 balls, including the Ireland and Essex games??? Play out a few balls, maidens, whatever, defend, just face a number of balls that exceed 10, in an innings, please! Even if you don't score, you'll get the feel of facing good bowlers on fast, bouncy tracks. Kusal has two more chances - the next T20 against Sussex and the T20I against England - a change HAS to be made if this keeps on happening as we cannot afford to play with 10 players. (Sanga and Dilshan are, effectively, the openers for SL, atm!!)

I agree with 'R Peterson', if Kusal keeps failing, Chandimal should open with Dilshan - his talent, and ability to play well on these pitches, is wasted batting at No. 6 or 7. Also, we need Mahela in the middle order. Why was Mathews sent in before Chandimal in the Kent match anyway??? :/

Mendis is done, I think. Yes, he got three wickets but COUNTY players played him well: he went for 55 runs in 9.3 overs (at 5.78). If county players can play him this well, he will be thrashed by England (again). He either needs to up his game or be dropped, as we have many spinners in the squad who can also bat quite a bit.

We could have won the Kent match with a bigger margin if we went in for the kill with bowling Kula (bowled only four overs) and Lakmal (only seven) but I guess they wanted to give Dilshan (who didn't bowl one ball in the T20 WC) and Thisara (who appears to have improved slightly) some bowling practice before the big games.

Team's doing well, so far, except for the obvious blunders by Kusal and the depreciating Mendis.

BTW, I wonder where the Chandimal-haters are... :D

Anonymous (not verified)
Will England tour be

Will England tour be telecasted in canada

User offline. Last seen 3 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1504
good to see Thisara having a

good to see Thisara having a better bowling performance than malinga , this gives SL a chance to play two spinners , i dunno why the heck they did not bowl seekku ? , and why out of form KJP did not play? is he injured ?

User offline. Last seen 17 hours 18 min ago. Offline
StaffTop Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 22672
A list of global

A list of global broadcasters:

http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/england/ecb-in...

CGI
Perera dedicated it to his FANS
CGI
Sanga Wishes
CGI
Btw, Russel has different plans

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
6 + 14 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.