[Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka in India 2014

143 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 20 hours 27 min ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 3720
Openers spot

I assume the question is who opens with Dilshan and my call is Kusal. Yes he failed and yes Tharanga got runs but my feeling is Kusal is the long term prospect and he will not get there by warming the bench. Also I dont like Tharanga's chances in Australia against the new ball. The games against India and Eng are largely meaningless in the greater scheme of things (neither are part of a test tour) but more of a build up to the WC and we should run with Kusal in all games and give him the best chance to get some form and confidence before the team leaves for NZ and Aus.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
first ODI team should be 01.

first ODI team should be

01. Tharanga
02. Dilshan
03. Sangakkara
04. Mahela
05. Mathews
06. Priyanjan
07. Thisara
08. Prasanna
09. Randiv / Chaturanga
10. Prasad
11. Gamage

or we can replace sanga with dickwella for the first game and keep rotating a players of big3(mahela ,sanga& dili ) for each game

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on October 31, 2014 - 10:37)
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 629
Team for the first ODI

Completely agree with the team proposed by SLCricket1.
Tharanga is more suitable as the opener than Kusal at the moment. Because, currently Tharanga seems to be the in-form open batsman when comparing with other two openers. Definitely, SL has to use the in-form batsman here. Both Dilshan and Kusal are yet to prove their current form.

(Last edited by R Peterson on October 31, 2014 - 13:09)
Runs: 41208
My XI for the first ODI

01.Dilshan
02.Tharanga
03.Sanga
04.Mahela
05.Mathews
06.Ashan
07.Chaturanga
08.Thisara
09.Seekuge
10.Prasad
11.Gamage

erako (not verified)
Can anyone tell me why the

Can anyone tell me why the selectors have not chosen Eranga? He is the most reliable paceman in SL after Malinga as far as i am concerned. Even kula is wicketless in 7 odis. Anyway expecting a cracker i hope it won't rain

erako (not verified)
I think we should go with

I think we should go with tharanga as the opener for this tour. he should be given opportunity. and even if he is not playing as the opener he should still be in the team as a middle order batsman. he did so well in Australia coming in middle over. And just a spare of thought why not open with Dickwella? He's an exciting young prospect. May not be the ideal time to experiment but i think he can play very well against india with his aggressive approach. But something tells me the selector won't play him today.

killer -B (not verified)
adath kabbo form kala . sigh

adath kabbo form kala . sigh

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
catches win matches

catches win matches

erako (not verified)
What a shameful performance.

What a shameful performance. Sanga's two catches were more than costly. And mathews dropped that sitter. SL fielders were nit pushing and blocking easy singles. Rahane and Dhawan scored most runs in singles in the first half against some really lazy fielders. Damn it Rahane and Dhawan together scored more than what SL team scored. DO you guys think we are actually under prepared? I think this is more than that. This is just poor cricket from us.

erako (not verified)
We started the tour back

We started the tour back footed by giving excuses and our openers never looked like they were chasing a target of 364. We need positive approach to chase big totals. That positive approach is not evident with Tharanga. Unfortunately, not when the ball moves. It's high time SL should look for an attacking batsman at top. Kusal or Dickwella. Dilshan is a misfiring old gun these days. One or two odd smashes but he never looks to be in control.

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
10 + 4 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.