08.Thisara
09.Randiv
10.Prasad
11.Gamage

User offline. Last seen 1 day 4 hours ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 3732
Disaster

That was a disaster to put it mildly and was kind of expected given we were on ice all this time while India have been in full match mode. Worrying is the difference between the team - it was almost like SL never showed up. The Indian pace attack without Buwe and Shami looked awesome and the SL attack looked mediocre at best.

The one guy I thought should have some form was Tharanga but he looked lost against the moving ball (we already know this) and not sure why we pursue with this guy, especially ahead of the WC in Aus conditions. My take on him is even if he gets runs, he is not going to win you too many games. I would opt for Kusal, if he comes off one in every 5 games, it could be a winning knock where else Tharanga will only have chance to make such in impact on flat tracks.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 5830
yeh. SL batting was a

yeh. SL batting was a disaster; mainly because of rust i guess.Hopefully they find the rhythm before the series is decided. And good to see most now opting for KJP, but Tharanga's once-in-ten awesome innings is not far away i guess :P

Can't blame the bowlers at all. Not to forget this is not even the 2nd string bowling line up of SL, more like 3rd string bowling line up WITHOUT LAKMAL,ERANGA,SACHITRA. In my view; Prasad,Lakmal,Eranga would make a potent pace bowling arsenal.

User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 629
Under preparedness is not

Under preparedness is not an excuse for senior batsmen. They could have perform more than this using their experiences. Could not even get closer to the target. This is poor batting.
Don't know, what's the meaning of sending seekkuge at no. 5. If SL really want to experiment youngsters, Priyanjan should have been sent at no. 5. When Priyanjan comes to the middle, Mathews was the only senior batsman left. After Mathews getting out, he became alone in the middle, since all the senior batsmen have got out. This is not the way to grow youngsters.
However, SL desperately need a fast bowler who can bowl at 140+ kph consistently.

(Last edited by R Peterson on November 3, 2014 - 04:45)
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
lol this is what we called as

lol this is what we called as "paya baravaayata pite beheth banda vage kiyala " . clearly our weak link is our fielding , no matter how much we try to improve our bowling or batting it doesn't matter if we can't field well we are going to loose in big time .

SA (not verified)
Kusal must be given more chances

I think Tharanga should be dropped from the side due to his negative approach in the first match and Kusal must be given more chances to prove himself.

My xi for the 2nd ODI:-
Kusal
Dilshan
Sanga
MJ
Dickwella
Priyanjan
Mathews
Perera
Randiv
Prasad
Gamage

Runs: 41208
Team for the 2nd ODI

01. Janith
02. Dilshan
03. Sanga
04. Mahela
05. Mathews
06. Ashan
07. Chaturanga
08. Thisara
09. Kulasekara
10. Prasad
11. Gamage

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
2nd ODI team should be 01.

2nd ODI team should be

01. Janith
02. Dilshan
03. Sanga
04. Mahela
05. Mathews
06. Tharanga
07. Chaturanga
08. Thisara
09. Randiv
10. Prasad
11. Gamage

we don't have a proper replacement in the batting middle order , that's why i have said in my earlier comments dropping thiri make no sense , with the limited resources we have in this tour we can bat tharanga in the middle order where he had batted before .But dropping thranga for others fault is an unethical team selection imo .

if the Ahmedabad pitch looks soo flat, playing kula in place of prasanna is not a bad option at all .

anyways at the end it's all about our fielding ,if we can field well no one can stop us from winning

Anonymous (not verified)
i just find it funnny that

i just find it funnny that everyone opts for Kusal who btw got 0 today. you know this guy thinks he is a aggressive player but he is tooooooo careless. I rather go with Tharanga. yes he wastes a lot of ball and not good with the white ball, but if you give him his spot, he will get you runs.

killer -B (not verified)
game over when dhawan given

game over when dhawan given not out for an edge . :O

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
19 + 1 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.