[Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka in India, 2016

13 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 1 year 16 weeks ago. Offline
StaffTop Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 7127

Discuss Sri Lanka's T20 tour of India here.

dilsclass (not verified)
Rupavahini

WE COVER IT ALL (LOL)

I think they don know what is the meaning of this motto. So new government so nice just try to get all millions of CSN. do not want to broadcast such a vital series like india vs sri lanka. POOR FELLOWS

User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 607
Good Start so far...

Bowling was fantastic, all the quicks delivering good pace, bounce and swing. Bowled to their strengths and plans, and the fielding bar a couple of spills was exemplary...some of the catches taken were absolutely fantastic.

Batting slightly less impressive, but given the low score tussle on that pitch it was always going to be a close game. Chandimal, Kapugedara and Siriwardana batted really well; Dickwella was disappointing after a great performance behind the stumps. Dilshan will take his place in the next game, so it would have been nice to see him put in a decent performance for his one outing; Gunathilaka is still on the fence in my opinion - a couple of good/bad performances will either cement him in or out of the squad; I would've liked Dilshan Munaweera to have been given a run before the WT20 squads are announced.

Still good all round performance, outclassed a strong Indian team at home in all departments; depending on the track they should reconsider playing both Prasanna and Senanayake when Dilshan can turn his arm too - would love to see Dilhara get a game just to see why the hell he was chosen in the first place :P

(Last edited by Sakala Bujang on February 10, 2016 - 11:20)
Runs: 41208
1st T20I

What a match it was, great fight by the young fast bowlers

User offline. Last seen 2 hours 42 min ago. Offline
Runs: 5153
Chandimal needs do go for the kill

After long time fully satisfied with the effort. Bowling was at its best. We have enough talents coming through. Even those tow U19 bowlers were impressive.
Chandimal did well with the bat and captaining the team but he could have bring faster bowlers when India was 7 for 58 rather than using Prasanna. Prasannas' bowling is yet to find venom. His batting is still not convincing at this level even though his good performance in domestic matches. So I would stick with the same team for the next game as well. Dilshan can rest one more day. The purpose of the tour is to test the potential players for the Asia cup and world cup I would like to see Asela Gunartna for Prasanna since the pitch is more likely to be spin friendly for sure. He too is a alrounder who can use off cutters very well so Indians will find it difficult to read him first up and ideal opportunity win the series with these unknown bowlers.

Anonymous (not verified)
Ha ha ha ha ha..... India got

Ha ha ha ha ha..... India got effed!! Indian fans are hiding!??

User offline. Last seen 2 days 1 hour ago. Offline
Runs: 3732
Great win!

Great start to the lads on what I am hoping is a turn around. Nice to see some young bowlers make an impression on a helpful wicket and the batters hold out to see us home. Good to see Chandi do something in a T20 and Kapu did well to hang around although I would have liked to see him bat through for the win and make a point. India just hammered Aus 3-0 so a win against them in India is as good as they come.

User offline. Last seen 1 week 3 days ago. Offline
Runs: 395
Future looks bright!

With Players like Chameera, Rajitha, Shanaka, Dikwella, Siriwardene etc. SL cricket future looks bright and safe. Its ideal time for graham ford to take over the task and guide these youngsters a long way.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
should not take these games

should not take these games against India too seriously . it's not easy to play with 12 men . Dhawans plumb LBW in the 3rd over would have done wonders for us .hopefully Indian umpires will not spoils the 3rd T20 for us .

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on February 12, 2016 - 21:57)
User offline. Last seen 2 days 1 hour ago. Offline
Runs: 3732
Down to earth again

Well that was expected with India all over us. Basically we never got in to the game after we won the toss and let India in on decent batting track. Lets not fool ourselves India are a seriously strong t20 team and they showed us but the series is only even so looking for another comeback from the lads in the decider.

The top order has struggled in both games and wonder if there are ideas or options here. I like the Seekuge pinch hitter idea but not sure he has the technique at international level. An option may be to bring in Niroshan at #3 for a bowler but its a risky option. We do have two bowling options in the batting order so this is a possiblity.

User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Runs: 607
Munaweera in!!

Wow...Dilshan and Dickwella out already. Really need to think about Munaweera, I can't figure out why they didn't consider him.

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
2 + 4 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.