[Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka in India 2017

11 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 20 hours 30 min ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 3732
More like it!

Finally some runs and finally some fight! Despite India bossing the game I reckon SL are the happier team. India had everything going their way and still couldn't get the win thanks to some great batting by the two new guys on the last day. Both Dhana and Roshen showed some great technique and temperament. The bowling I am afraid looks toothless but then again India couldn't bowl us out.

Finally runs from Anji but I am still going to be critical of him. He was lucky in the first innings being dropped twice and was rather tame in the second (yes it was a no ball) when a fight was called for. What a knock from Chandi and critically a big hundred, which is what bought us time to stretch the game.

I must say Dhananjaya looked lost in the firs innings while Roshen got a duck but quickly that changed. It was crazy we dropped Dhanajaya after that tough SA series and we played guys like Thiri and Gunathileke ahead of this guy after he was dropped. Roshen has scored an absolute ton of runs but yet never got a look in and finally made the most of his chance.

SL the happier side at the end result but worrying signs remain. Roshen and Dhana offer some hope and something to look forward and I wonder which one will be dropped by the selectors next?

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
3 + 8 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.