[Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/15

194 replies [Last post]
Runs: 41208

Discuss Sri Lanka's tour of New Zealand here

User is online Online
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 3722
Get ready for the pace test.

Early summer, drop in pitches, SL with a spin based attack - get ready for trial by pace and perfect build up to the WC I reckon.

NZ also have a string of quality pace bowlers that will keep comming all summer. They also have a few really handy seam bowling alrounders in Neesham and Anderson who add real balance to that team. The NZ batting is solid with McCallum and Taylor in good form and both world class and experienced backed up by Wiliamson who can bat. SL will have their work cut out but a perfect test in alien conditions.

Looking for a good show in the test for a start, after the English series win this year. Then its the build up for the WC.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
this was my comment on dec 7

this was my comment on dec 7 right after we won that third ODI vs England "good work SL , 3 down 1 to go . it's time to give a rest to herath" ... and herath got injured on dec 9th . what a shame . this is just common sense .. after winning those 3 odis comfortably winning another ODI to seal the series without herath is very much possible ,but still they took an unnecessary risk on herath for another practice session .for me herath for an away test is more valuable than an ODI win at home. really poor player management SLC . now all the hopes are down for this important away test series . :(

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on December 19, 2014 - 07:14)
Fernando99 (not verified)
New Zealand confidence is

New Zealand confidence is very high. They beat Pakistan in the recent ODI series.

http://www.supersport.com/cricket/international/news/141219/Redhot_NZ_seal_series_in_UAE

User offline. Last seen 40 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Runs: 709
Sri Lanka have good records

According to me SL have good records against New Zeland in in NZ. More importantly the youngsters will put up their hands and perform because they know the situation. If the didn't perform they might be kicked out the side.

erako (not verified)
sl all 178 / 9 against nz

sl all 178 / 9 against nz president's xii

sl batsmen have struggled agqinst the moving ball. not a good sign.

fairgame (not verified)
youngster Dushmantha Chameera

youngster Dushmantha Chameera picked up 3 wickets for 13 in the practice match. Should he be picked instead of prasad? I think prasad should be rested considering the amount of cricket he had. we need him as our spherehead for wc if malinga is not fit. I would rather keep pradeep or nuwan out and play chameera.

Runs: 41208
1st Test

My XI for the first Test

01. Kaushal Silva
02. Dimuth
03. Sangakkara
04. Thirimanne
05. Mathews
06. Chandimal
07. Prasanna (WK)
08. Tharindu Kaushal
09. Lakmal
10. Prasad
11. Eranga

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
My XI 01. Kaushal Silva02.

My XI

01. Kaushal Silva
02. Dimuth
03. Sangakkara
04. Thirimanne
05. Mathews
06. Chandimal
07. Dickwella(WK)
08. Tharindu Kaushal
09. Lakmal
10. Prasad
11. Pradeep

no point of playing a player who can't score a single 40+ score in his last 10 innings , and it will be cracked to drop the highest 2nd innings scorer of the practice game . plus dickwella is a member of our last winning test team as well. so overall i really don't think prasanna should play the first game .

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on December 22, 2014 - 10:52)
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 629
I wonder

I wonder whether Silva struggled in the practice match. Perhaps conditions in New Zealand might have been tough for him. Silva has got out by tip catches in both innings. In the second inning Silva scored just 9 runs from 40 balls while Dimuth scores 52 runs from just 75 balls.

Except for Silva, all other youngsters have performed considerably well. Dickwella seems to be in amazing touch. 63 runs from just 51 balls and retired.

User offline. Last seen 40 weeks 7 hours ago. Offline
Runs: 188
1.dimuth 2.kaushal 3.sanga 4.

1.dimuth
2.kaushal
3.sanga
4.chandi
5. thiri
6.mathews
7.dickwella
8.kaushal
9.prasad
10.eranga
11.lakmal

there is a outside chance to dushmantha chameera in my team coz i think with his pace and bounce can be handy in these conditions.but at the moment all our fast bowlers shows improvements.so i think its not fair to seperate. pradeep fast though his ability to get some bounce is poor. lakmal and eranga can do it and to some extent prasad too. plus thiri and dimuth also bowl few overs which means including mathews we have 6 pacers and one spinner. suddenly SL become pace oriented bowling attack. are we heading for become another australia team :P

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
1 + 2 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.