[Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/15

194 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 1290
What we have to do ?

Surely Dimuth Karunarathna has to be replace with Kusal Perera. Then Kusal Perera should not open the innings and he should come at number 6 or 7 to provide impetus to our batting line up late order by capitalizing the batting power play with the help of power players like Mathews and Thisara. We have been very very poor in this part of the innings not only this series. I hope Kusal will be able to provide if he get selected. Thirimanne and Dilshan doing a decent job and that should continue during the World cup.

Better if Jeewan Mendis also replaced with Farveez Maharoof but I don't think this will happen as Maharoof is out of radar for selectors for some time. Seekuge Prassna bowl very well today but I don't think he will be replaced Jeewan since we have two quality spinners like Sachitra and Herath in the team. Jeewan is much better batsman who can bat number 7 where I doubt whether Prassana able to bat at number 7.

In my last comment I have very critical about Chandimal. But it is more of the DISAPPOINTMENT nothing else. How often we have seen this happening. When he have laid down a good platform by seniors but still he tries to hit every bowl out of the park without anything connecting. Why he can't play some dept touches and keep scoring at a run a ball on a regular basis ?????. But some fans of him still tells that

1. When he failed at number 6 or 7 - He should bat at number 3 or 4
2. When he failed at number 3 or 4 - Attapatu has change his technique and coach should get the blame for that.
3. When he fails in Sri Lanka - He is a green track bully and he will score runs at green tracks.
4. When he fails when he is the captain - Captaincy is the major issue and he should not given the captaincy at this age.

These statements are very illogical for me. This is the reason I told that for some fans he is a overhyped player.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
@Surod so am i wrong ?

@Surod so am i wrong ?

User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1290
Nothing wrong but .....

No you are correct @SLCricket1 I know the importance of fielding but what I don’t get it is the emphasis you are putting only on the fielding aspect thinks me whether you are a fielding coach. I don’t see you are commenting anything about batting or bowling after a match.

Definitely if we have to rate batting and bowling should give more priority than the fielding. That is what I’m telling. Perfect example is no team will select a player sole due to his fielding performance. His batting and bowling skills should come first. For example we can take Malinga and Herath. Both are awful in the field but the first choice players in the playing XI due to their bowling capabilities.

I hope you are also don’t think that I’m making irrelevant baseless argument here. I want our team to do best and I hope my valid arguments are true with my cricket knowledge. I have predicted the exact wc squad in this thread just days before the squad announced as well as I have stated Dimuth Karunarathna 150+ score will make a huge deteriorating impact on our WC chances on the same day he has scored that century. Those have made true up to now.

I hope we had a great discussion during the SL tour of NZ in this thread and also with my analysis after matches. Then again we will see all our viewers and members yet in a another discussion thread for the ALL IMPORTANT WORLD CUP 2015. HOPE IT WILL BE OUR LIONS !!!

Anonymous (not verified)
any update on the injured

any update on the injured players? are they being replaced?

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
5 + 9 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.