[Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/15

194 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 1290
Analysis

Agree with what Peterson said and this is what I have said SL should have included players like Kusal Perera and Kithuruwan Vithanage in the test squad in place of some players like Dimuth, Kaushal and Prassana. Kusal and Kithuruwan have far more better techniques than some of the test squad players.

But giving Dickwella a chance in test run for possible inclusion of WC squad is highly unlikely now. WC squad has to be named on 7th Jan and one days starts on Jan 11th. So it is risk and unlikely he will be named in the WC squad who does not played in a single ODI yet. May be he have to come with an exceptional performance even with that also very unlikely. This is why I said they should have given a Kusal a run.

http://www.islandcricket.lk/poll/srilank...

In this poll which is created by me as of now Lakmal, Eranga and Chameera is leading slightly to the Lakmal, Eranga and Prasad combination. I'm surprised with this result because I thought second combination will get highest votes. So it seems most people trust the extra pace and bounce which Chameera offers. But I think management will go with the 2nd combination for the first test.

(Last edited by Surod on December 23, 2014 - 16:07)
User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1290
Dickwella

Dicwella played one ODI but without any success in that match.

utrocks (not verified)
I think SL is going to miss

I think SL is going to miss Tharanga big time. THaranga should have been given the opportunity in place of useless Dimuth. If Tharanga succeeds he would play the world cup as well. But SJ is so keen to give a chance to KJP so he's obviously taking every step to remove any obstacle on that. Shame. I have a bad feeling on what is going to happen to SL today. SL openers specially Dimuth is nowhere near being a world class player. poor tharanga.

http://www.islandcricket.lk/blogs/srilan...

utrocks (not verified)
My team today.

My team today.

Kaushal
Thirimanna
Sanga
Chandimal
Mathews
Dickwella
Tharindu
Prasad
Lakmal
Eranga
chameera

User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Runs: 188
we should have bowl lot

we should have bowl lot fuller to in and outside the offstump. runrate bit of a concern too.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
miss the toss on the TV , was

miss the toss on the TV , was the sky gloomy or sunny at the toss ?weather forecast says it's a sunny day. if it was sunny then this is another toss worry for mathews & co . It surprised me why mathews never learn from the durban test ? "do not be fooled by the pitch color " . Thanks to mathews & team mgmt looks like this is going to be yet another uphill task for the batsman to save this test .

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on December 25, 2014 - 21:46)
not sure why mathews not

not sure why mathews not using kaushal.

tharindu should bowl round

tharindu should bowl round the wicket.

User offline. Last seen 8 hours 55 min ago. Offline
Runs: 5147
Sri Lankan progress so far...

Interesting two sessions. Even though pitch has some grass it does not look too bad. In day two and three it should be a good wicket to bat on. Playing XI is far enough. Dickwella did well, so he got the chance. Tharindu Kaushal looks promising even on a grassy pitch and Maculloms pich hittings. He could be handy in the second part of this match. Hope selectors keep him for the second test as well and according to the commentators Wellington pitch is much more favorable to us.

sanga dropped 2 catches . sh*

sanga dropped 2 catches . sh* t

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
4 + 2 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.