[Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/15

194 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 2 days 7 hours ago. Offline
StaffTop Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 22672
@SLCricket1: No wasn't gloomy

@SLCricket1: No wasn't gloomy at all. I think we got done once again just because there was grass on the pitch. But who knows how we will bat on this? Maybe NZ just batted really well on a tough track or this is a really good track.

User offline. Last seen 40 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Runs: 188
congrats to kaushal. really

congrats to kaushal. really appreciate his attitude. he was keep bowling to mccallum and finally got his man.

User offline. Last seen 2 days 7 hours ago. Offline
StaffTop Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 22672
No coverage of the final

No coverage of the final session out here. Sky Sports just switched to India v Australia and asked people to watch highlights later. What the...

we cannot blame to mathews

we cannot blame to mathews for the decision of bowl first. coz our bowling looked promising. so no point held them back. but it went marginally wrong.i say it marginally coz apart mccallum only they score 246 runs. in my opinion we have a chance of fighting if we drag the game beyond day 3

User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 629
Happy to see

Happy to see a good fight back by Dimuth and Silva in the second inning. It seems like both of them have learnt something from the first inning.

However, tomorrow's first session is very crucial for SL. Hope Dimuth and Silva will maintain the patience and grow their partnership further.

(Last edited by R Peterson on December 27, 2014 - 10:32)
yeap agree . first session is

yeap agree . first session is crucial. all the batsmen need to score. and some one need to score big century.question is who's going to accept that task?

User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1290
Sri Lanka in trouble

It was a very poor batting performances in the 1st innings of the our innings by the batsman. Poor application, in applicable shots are the reason for their down fall. Before this it was also poor bowling performances by our bowlers. They could not extract any seam, swing or bounce to trouble the NZ batsman.

THARINDU KAUSHAL also had a poor game and feel for him as McCullum went after him very heavily. But he look reasonable well in a green pitch in his first test match and need to persist with him rather than revert back to Dilruwan Perera.

Talking about pacers it was disappointing to see they look very un-threaten for the kiwis. Hope they give DUSMANTHA CHAMEERA an opportunity in the next match in place of either Eranga or Prasad and I hope he will be able to generate some PACE as well as BOUNCE with his height in order trouble kiwis. But Nuwan Pradeep is not the answer he is worse than Eranga and Prasad in terms of generating some bounce with seam to trouble batsman.

First time I saw some valuable and patience innings in 2nd innings by DIMUTH in his entire test career up to now. He may have scored some fifties in previous matches but those innings he had some luck with him with many runs scoring in slips areas. Hopefully Kaushal and Dimuth can extend their partnership tomorrow. If it does not rain we need to have score at least more than 600 in order to have any chance of winning this test match or saving it.

Tomorrow we must not loose more than 3 wickets and should score 250 runs to have any chance. So atleast end of day 3 I expect SL to have 330/3. If not then we are in trouble. There is a probability that the match will end by tomorrow it self also.

SL ODI squad and WC squad

SL ODI squad to be announce in near day and it will seems to look like the same 15 that will play in the WC except for Malinga. But Malinga will also named in this squad as well because he will be fit enough to play from the 5th ODI onwards.

My WC squad

Kusal
Dilshan
Sangakkara
Mahela
Anjelo
Thirimanne
Thisara
Sachitra
Herath
Lakmal
Malinga
Chandimal
Eranga/Prasad/Kulasekara/Maharoof - Need to select two players from this and it will be a tough decision. There will be no matches left to try and see. Maharoof is unlikely to be in selectors radar now anyway.
Seekuge/Jeewan/Priyanjan - One player to be selected from this and it will also a tough decision.

(Last edited by Surod on December 27, 2014 - 14:12)
Contradict statements

As in my previous comment I said Dusmantha Chameera should give a place in the XI by replacing either Prasad or Eranga. But having realize that these two are fighting for a place in the WC squad it will be not a wise decision to change that combination. Performance of this 2 players in the 2nd test match can also be considered when naming the WC squad hence it will have to name by 7th January

not sure what is dickwella 's

not sure what is dickwella 's role in this team.

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
2 + 1 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.