[Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka in UAE, 2013/14

352 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 3 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 1504
@UC to drop thiri ? that's

@UC to drop thiri ? that's not going to happened , he deserved his place more than chandi

My XI for 2nd T20

01.KJP
02.Dilshan
03.Chandimal
04.Sanga
05.Mathews
06.Thiri
07.Thisara
08.Kulasekara
09.Sachithra
10.Lakmal
11.Malinga

or

01.Chandimal
02.Dilshan
03.Thiri
04.Sanga
05.Mathews
06.Kithruwan
07.Thisara
08.Kulasekara
09.Sachithra
10.Mendis
11.Malinga

User offline. Last seen 17 hours 39 min ago. Offline
Runs: 3712
Cannot debate captaincy

I am not sure SL are in a position to debate the captaincy issue as firstly, Chandi is a young captain and the expectation is long term success than instant and secondly, what are the options other than Mathews? I feel the reason Chandi was given t20 was to take some pressure off Mathews who is also a young captain and will be missing some big stars. SL just need to be patient and accept the reality of the situation that captaincy options are limited to young players and there will be a period of transition. The last thing you want to do in this period is self destruct by changing captaincy.

For many years the previous selectors didnt blood youngsters and kept playing "tried, tested and failed" players (who natuatally failed and are no where to be seen now) which was always going to create a gap somewhere in the future.

We can debate the team but it's always going to come down to a player or two but one of the things SL should consider is changing the batting order to allow some of the big hitters time in the middle in a slogging role.

Runs: 41198
@Silva

Both Chandimal and Thirimanne should not play in the same T20I XI, since Chandimal cannot be dropped it has to be Thirimanne. Also, Thirimanne's inns was slow during the 1st match, Mathews' aggressive inns and majority of the runs in that partnership overshadowed Thirimanne's slow inns.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 5830
@Silva, i know Thiri, based

@Silva, i know Thiri, based on his recent performance deserved the place more than Chandi, but Chandi is the captain and not gonna be dropped, and i do believe Sanga, Chandi and Thiri shouldn't play in the same XI(similar type of players) especially in T20. Thiri the unfortunate one. and how did u manage to drop "podi sana" ??? :D)))

@Stormy, Mathews is 26 or 27. Cannot classify him as young/inexperienced anymore. Time to step up and shoulder the responsibility. Chandi on the other hand deserves more i time, i agree

(Last edited by UppercuT on December 13, 2013 - 03:44)
@Daniel lol how come you say

@Daniel lol how come you say "Mathews' aggressive inns and majority of the runs in that partnership overshadowed Thirimanne's slow inns.?" when thiri has a 143 SR?

@UC yeah , podi sana deserve more chances , forget that team .. i will go with my first team ;)

User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 629
Two Options for next T20 team

Chandimal seems to be recovering the pressure of captaincy. Coming at No.3 adds more pressure on him, because No.3 is a crucial position. Therefore it would be better for Chandimal to come at No. 6 putting Thirimanne at No. 3.
Another thing is that playing four fast bowlers is not effective. Pakistan also covered 12 overs from spinners in last match. Therefore I suppose Kithruwan instead of Kulasekara, because kulasekara could not perform as required in last match. But moisture conditions at night should be considered. Then the team will be;
01. Kusal
02. Dilshan
03. Thirimanne
04. Sangakkara
05. Mathews
06. Chandimal
07. Thisara
08. Kithruwan
09. Senanayake
10. Malinga
11. Mendis

Runs: 41198
@Silva

Thirimanne was on 16 off 14 balls when he hit that six, too slow for me during the slog overs. when Sanga fell if should have been Kula or Thisara for sure.

not sure whose idea was

not sure whose idea was it(hopefully captain Chandimal's) but it was an absolute master stroke to send Seekuge Prasanna at 1-down. Don't think even Dilshan and KJP was expecting that move let alone pakistanis :D)))))

SAAAANGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SAAAANGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! THAT WAS INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol chandi looks fired up

lol chandi looks fired up isn't it ? i think someone in the crowd told him something before he took that catch lol..But bit disappointed the way Thisara and chandi react for the ball conditions , it was not like umpires never changed the ball , they actually did once .. good to see that Mathews quickly ran into perera and settle the matter.

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
1 + 0 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.