2nd ODI : Feb 01
3rd ODI : Feb 04
4th ODI : Feb 07
5th ODI : FEb 10

User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 629
Need a miracle

A miracle should happen for Sri Lanka to win this 1st test match. Assumed the miracle as follows;

Mathews to score another 92 runs and reach 150 runs.
Dhananjaya to score another 91 run and reach 100 runs.
All other remaining batsmen together score 65 runs.

They have 90 overs to score 248 runs more with the run rate of 2.76 runs per over.

Bunny (not verified)
1st Test

I am going to predict a historic victory. Under 250 to win. Mathews and DDS will do it.

My Team for the 2nd Test

My Team for the 2nd Test

01) Dimuth Karunaratne
02) Kaushal Silva
03) Kusal Mendis
04) Upul Tharanga
05) Angelo Mathews
06) Dinesh Chandimal
07) Dhananjaya de Silva
08) Rangana Herath
09) Suranga Lakmal
10) Lahiru Kumara
11) Nuwan Pradeep

Let Kusal Mendis to play at no. 3 as he used to play earlier and give him the freedom to score. Chameera is out since he could not perform as expected.

User offline. Last seen 20 hours 12 min ago. Offline
Runs: 3720
SA in front

SL had their moments but SA done enough on this wicket which I assume will be tough to bat against this SA attack. Winning the toss and bowling it was important to knock over a few early which didn't happen. Despite the two wickets in an over by Kumara, we couldn't really land the killer punch to take the advantage. De Kock probably the difference in the end to ensure SA the happier team after losing the toss.

Whitewash

One thing is getting clear at the moment. Sri Lanka is on the way from Whitewashers to whitewashees.

User offline. Last seen 43 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Runs: 406
Dissapointment

Feeling truly and utterly disappointed with the batting display of Sri Lanka today. They told that they have trained in granite surfaces to adopt the conditions but here they don't show atleast basic applications with the bat. Apart from the opening stand, rest of the batters just threw their wickets away.

Feel sorry for the young lad Kumara, who bowled with a lot of heart but did he get the required support from the other end? That is the issue. Let's look closer at the south African series and Chameera's rhythm. If Chameera can get back to his normal rhythm with which he can bowl from 145 Kph to 150 kph, I don't mind him playing with Lahiru Kumara in the same xi in bouncy tracks. Lakmal or Pradeep can be the remaining bowler. At the moment, Lakmal is ahead of Pradeep but can he continuing in picking up early wickets consistently? Let's see.

Going down

I am afraid that was a poor show by the SL batters. All 6 batters played woeful shots to gift their wicket. Lacked any application to play a test innings and a lot of them did the same in the first test too. We understand and expect to lose in SA but not like this. If good bowling gets you out you just say well bowled to the opposition and walk away but we cannot bat like this. We did the same in Aus series but thankfully Aus were worse and we had a couple of vital stands on familiar conditions.

Just plain disappointing to watch the guys play like this. In all honesty a 3-0 series loss was the most probable outcome of this series but we would like to see some sort of decent cricket.

Anonymous (not verified)
bunch of school boy

bunch of school boy cricketers against a seaming/ swinging ball. hopefully mathews steps down as captain or is relieved of leadership duties - very negative captain. the opening combination should also be dropped for the next test series - they've been given way too many opportunities, both with averages in the low 30s.

lakmal and now kumara are the only positives to come out of this series so far. lakmal in particular has been bowling really well!

i don't really follow domestic sri lankan cricket. are the selectors missing any key players that should be in the test squad?

Decent day but 1st innings is haunting us

Happy to see the boys didn't crumble and they bowled well but the damage is beyond. Nothing substantial from the top order but this is SA. Shot selections and technical issues continue to haunt us but this was expected.

Looking for Chandi and Anji to make substantial scores just take away something from the series.

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
2 + 1 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.