[Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka vs India, CB Series, Hobart- Feb 28, 2012

15 replies [Last post]
Iraj (not verified)
It's premature to say they

It's premature to say they fixed that match after seeing so much good performances from the team leading up to this game,

I guess two major issues cost us the game today

1). Mahela was pretty average in his decision making today, from the outset he was just looking to stop the runs with defensive bowling and fielding (he was very late bringing Herath in to the attack), which was asking to trouble against good batting side like India as they have match winners up to no 6.

2). Malinga's lack of commitment, he looks as a totally different fellow when he plays for Mumbai Indians, he bowls his best yorkers in IPL, I guess Arjuna's tough stance against Malinga is justifying but unfortunately he was sacked and it paved the way for players like Malinga to do as they wish

SNR 88 (not verified)
India's NRR At Present:

India's NRR At Present: -0.59
Sri Lanka's NRR At Present: +0.16

If Aus Score 400 (50 overs) and Sl get allout for 100 (30 overs). Our NRR will be -0.38.Which is still higher than India's. I think thats right as my maths isn't very good. But it still looks impossible for Sl not to go through the finals, but nothing is impossible if Malinga fixes again, lol jks.

Anonymous
Now where prey is that

Now where prey is that greatest captain ever? Sangakkara did much better attepting to defend 274 in Final of WC.

What MJ should understand is there is no place for his character s**t.What his crazy and arrogant fans(probably relations)should understand is cricket is a team game.

CricFan (not verified)
Suddenly we are in a must win position

Suddenly we are in a must win position. I can't still believe the way Indians batted. But they batted brilliantly and we bowled very badly. I always thought that our team doesn't have a threatening bowling attack. But some how we managed to win matches and suddenly after this match we really need to think about our bowling combination. We don't have a wicket taking spinner. Herath is doing a good job by bowling tight spells. But he hasn't taken enough wickets. (Just 2 wickets after 5 matches)

Mahela for the first time in the tournament went on a defensive strategy and didn't time the bowling powerplay that well.

I would like to see few changes in the next game.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 5830
no da net run rate doesnt

no da net run rate doesnt matter if we lose da AUS match, cus in da new system they take number of wins first, not da net runrate. so if we lose da next match, india will have more wins than SL, hence da net runrates dont matter

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
1 + 0 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.