Heart-breaking 99, 199 & 299 Not Out in Test Cricket!

4 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 492

Returning not out on 99/199/299 would be probably the toughest thing to swallow for a batsman. In Test cricket 8 batsmen have been stranded on 99 not out as they ran out of partners.

Have a look!

User offline. Last seen 17 hours 30 min ago. Offline
Runs: 3712
Alex who? Seriously that guy

Alex who? Seriously that guy was a bowler. 299 not out - insane! There are some guys who actually got out on 299 (Martin Crow) and 199 (Jayasuriya? Azharuddin?)

Indeed, Tudor is known mostly

Indeed, Tudor is known mostly as a bowler as far as int. cricket is concerned, but he was a decent all rounder in 1st class cricket. Interestingly, he came out to bat at No. 3 as a nightwatchman when Eng needed 200+ to beat NZ.
Don was very unfortunate as his partner was run out trying to give him strike. Had he scored that 1 run, he would have become the only batsman to score 3 triple tons in Test cricket.

I was planning to feature those guys in my next video (99/199/299 out). Anyways, thanks for sharing the info!

User offline. Last seen 10 hours 38 min ago. Offline
Runs: 1215
Alex Tudor not a bad batsmen

Alex Tudor not a bad batsmen at all. Actually decent bowler too. He was another poorly managed.
England liked to pick average medium pacers that could bowl straight rather than those that could get wickets.
He took a knock to the head from Brett Lee in a Test at Perth that prob took his confidence with bat.
Then he had a lot of injuries that put end to his career. These days he is coaching. I ran into him in 2013 in London. Nice bloke.

Its wonderful you were able

Its wonderful you were able to meet him.

He had a decent 1st class record. I saw that nasty blow that he took on his head, was very scary. I am happy he survived it.

I agree if Eng had managed him well, he could have been a much more effective player.

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
1 + 7 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.