[Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka in England 2016

70 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 1335
I favored to see maximum two

I favored to see maximum two changes for a losing team & wanted to see dimuth and chandi out from the team , But Chameera's injury made me think twice , now we might need to go for three changes if that happens . three changes could be bit too much for a team . and it could be bit unethical & illogical to drop only one player between dimuth and chandi as well . so If I'm the coach i will give another go for chandi and dimuth , with only one bowling change to the team .

so My XI for the next game

1. Dimuth
2. Silva
3. Mendis
4. Chandi
5. Thiri
6. Mathews
7. Dasun
8. Herath
9. Eranga
10.Lakmal
11.Pradeep

Hope mathews will come at 6 , & i dearly hope & pray we will stop this embarrassment soon as a nation & who ever got picked everybody will shine in the next game . at least put up a good fight guys !

User offline. Last seen 20 hours 17 min ago. Offline
Runs: 3712
Is the nightmare over or still to come!

Seriously concerned about the conditions for the 2nd test where the pace bowlers have been on the prowl. Its gona be freezing cold and the traditional SL seamer breakdown after a test continues. Makes you wonder how Braod and Jimmy have 700+ wickets and keep going. Yes not looking good but the test ahead to look forward to.

I presume Lakmal will come in for the only change for SL. There is rain forecast and looking SL to win the toss and bowl and hopefully make some in roads on the England top order. Finders crossed but not holding out much hope.

weather condition is a lame

weather condition is a lame excuse for an international team .especially when we have enough locations in Sri Lanka with closer weather to durham (11c 8:pm according to google ) , i was in nuwara eliya last month the weather went down to 13c in the early morning before the sun rise and i heard there was an ice rain in piduruthalaga as well (now 12c via google) . badulla also sometimes get very cold i believe .. there are enough gov Bungalows and hotels around sri lanka in these cold areas for these players to accommodate & get used to conditions with nice fitness camps & other practices you can do without practice pitches . they did nothing like that. so no point of crying over the weather now .

(Last edited by SLCricket1 on May 26, 2016 - 16:40)
mili is getting some wickets

mili is getting some wickets , but feels like dropping your best bowler from the last game was a mistake by the team management

User offline. Last seen 20 hours 17 min ago. Offline
Runs: 3712
Eng ahead but we are there

Surprising wicket, most of all the lack of bounce and a bit of spin on the first day. However, plenty of seam movement so good toss to lose and bowl first with the hope wicket will dry up a bit. The inconsistent bounce on the first day is a major concern specially if its seaming.

SL done really well to have Eng 5 down and a look at the tail but at that moment we took the foot off and relaxed the field and let them get to a healthy 300. We took the new ball on an overcast English afternoon with 5 wickets down and had one slip!....seriously what is going on? Getting Ali early and in to the tail was vital but we let him push around and hang around to put on a vital stand with Bairstow to see Eng to safety. At 5 down we should have attacked and if a few boundaries were leaked, they would have got to where they are already. If we got a few wickets, we could be looking at a different scenario,

Eng are probably 50 away from ensuring they cannot lose the game so all before us to get a foohold today and lets please attack rather than hang back. The ball is stil new and we have a lower order batters in and perfect chance to get wickets and restrict eng and then bat properly.

User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Runs: 188
game over

Game over Sri Lanka .Thanks to the drop catch routine and stupid captaincy.

negative captaincy

By looking at the way leading the team I have no doubt Mathews is the the worst leader of Sri Lankan cricket team ever lead.

Already 71runs for 10th

Already 71runs for 10th wicket.where is the bowling coach.what the f*ck he instruct to this team? And most importantly what the f*ck captain is doing.he doing exactly why cook did on headingley 2014.

nothing surprising in here

nothing surprising in here when you drop your best bowler from the last game . anyways let's hope that they will put a better show with the bat .

Anonymous (not verified)
why are these players so

why are these players so useless? unbelievably useless

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
5 + 2 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.