[Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka in England 2016

70 replies [Last post]
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 18 min ago. Offline
Top Contributor (click for details)
Runs: 5153
Will Sri Lanka crosses 120 run mark in this series?

I think this is a good poll idea. I seriously doubt it. I remember What Ian Chappel said during the world cup. Sri Lanka needs to move on from these non performers. Dimuth, Silva, Chandimal, Siriwardhana etc. Siriwardhana is not suited to these conditions. Herath has achived his target so he too should consider retirement at least during the next Australia tour. Never expected this much pathetic performance from our side.

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
finally , good fight SL .

finally , good fight SL . keep it up the good work !

User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Runs: 1335
kudos to chandi , excellent

kudos to chandi , excellent innings . i think no more than 2 change policy saved chandi and dimuth . chandi kept the trust of the coach & grabs the opportunity extremely well . but still questions arise over dimuth . thiri's no big score in this test might give another life for dimuth to prove himself for another game .

Anonymous (not verified)
How epic was that century

How epic was that century from Chandimal?!! Never ever doubted him as a Test batsman.

Was secretly hoping that he would do what he did against India with his 162* and take the team to victory from the jaws of defeat, again, but he couldn't. However, without this innings, we would have lost by an innings again, and that itself is a victory.

So, kudos to Chandi for saving Sri Lanka's pride! Hopefully, more to come from the lad.

User offline. Last seen 1 day 11 hours ago. Offline
Runs: 3732
Decent show in a losing cause

The game was lost on the 2nd morning when it was there for the taking after a splendid first day. We dropped both overnight batters in the first hour to straight forward catches and Eng ran away. When we came to bat it was a total disaster as we were in a subdued mindset after letting Eng get away.

The second innings was a sensational fight back but too much damage was done and only a miracle would have saved us. Glad to see the guys bat properly after a long time and wonder what happened in the first innings. Both Chandi and Anji were simply awesome and couldn't ask for more but just accept the too much damage was done when the game was on the line.

Trevor (not verified)
Lord's is our best chance to

Lord's is our best chance to at least draw a Test. Pitch is usually batting friendly. There will be swing. They need to be disciplined enough, leave a lot of deliveries.

By the way, why is this thread/forum almost dead?

Sun and flat track - just what the doctor ordered

Playing for pride and our record at Lords AND give us some confidence that all is not lost on this tour. The Lords track has been flat for a while and expecting more of the same and expecting Eng to cash in so we must bat properly once to save the game. Win the toss and bat first unless its awfully gloomy and threat of losing the test in the first morning.

Changes? Well Thiri being untouchable, I don't see a change in the top 7 unless Milly is injured. We will make no changes in the bowling but I reckon we think about playing 2 options for Lakmal and Ernaga who has been poor this series. I am hoping Kusal Perera will get a look in and get some game time.

Another day and more of the same

Game is even after Eng won the toss and batted on a flat Lords pitch. However, we could have had England sweating if we had some luck and took that all important catch off Bairstow. Another 75 and Eng will breath easy and the pressure will be on SL which is a real shame as the opportunity was there...again and again when the moment arrived to put the foot on throat we slipped and let go.

Decent bowling performance by the lads and a great fight back too but just let them get away and the thoughts what could have been come round all over again. The good news is its still there for the taking, the ball is still new and one end is open so looking to wrap up the tail and bat well on what should be decent batting conditions and of course hope the sun keeps shining.

R. Herath (not verified)
Call to tour UK in the Summer

If you do a job, do it well it says. Sri Lanka visits UK in wintry conditions & get thrashed by England & there is an avalanche of criticism from England on SL on its poor standard & SL leave England with egg on its face.

Is this what SL want? Playing in England is any Test nations great ambition & doing there well bring a lot of good financially & otherwise to other nations. I suggested on several occasions to force the ECB to give us summer games ,at least on alternate tours but one SL fan mentioned, it is SL's best time for home tours.

That may be true but England tours do not come every year & when they do give up your home games, if so for a better show in the UK.

SL can lessen then the number of tours to UK because coming to UK in winter & getting humiliated bring a lot of bad on SL. No point been a tiger at home, doing well in England will do a lot more good to SL cricket than winning some home games. I hope SLC will consider this to have a dialogue with the ECB.

User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Runs: 514
Live coverage in SL

It is absurd to find the live coverage interrupted for news!. Specially when SL has put up the best opening stand for long time with a bit of luck from a drop from Bairstowe! Benifit of giving Bairstowe repeated chances may have made him a bit fatigue! may be our latest strategy to take care of the ENG opening burst!

Post new comment

Note
All anonymous comments are moderated.
  • Avoid abusive remarks and personal attacks.
  • Avoid posting unrelated links.
  • Avoid vulgar or obscene language.
Already a member? Log-in now. Not a member? Sign up for a new account.
CAPTCHA
This step helps us prevent automated submissions from spammers.
14 + 4 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.